Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

4" Combat Magnum - Classic Revolver Review

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: 4" Combat Magnum - Classic Revolver Review

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:23 pm

And as with mine Al, I'm sure the action is smooth as silk.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Great videos. I especially liked the range video showing the split screen. It added a new perspective giving the entire video more depth.

Great shooting too.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 am

I too loved the videos, especially the second one. I really liked the split screen and the fact that you didn't edit out the misfires as so many others would have. I have long been a fan of Revolvers, and in fact carried a fix sighted Model 64 thru the academy and onto the street for patrol for years. I shot that same gun in Service Revolver Class in VA PPC competition and won against much nicer guns in the hands of cocky young officers over and over again. ;)

As the Department's Firearms Instructor, I listened to the younger recruits whine about "needing" autos until they saw what they could do with a revolver and a couple speed loaders... and a bit of practice. :) Eventually, PR and politics won out and we made the transition, but we were allowed to purchase the duty guns.

I still get out to the range on the farm now and again to keep my hand in, and the 64 makes the trip. She still puts them where they need to go, 50 rounds in the center. The model 64 is like the Old Marine Corp Jeep, stripped down to basics, it gets the job done.
fifty rounds.jpg
fifty rounds.jpg (112.95 KiB) Viewed 891 times
I carry a Glock 23, A Sig P220, or one of the two snubbys.. Airweight 642 or the M&P 340... Yup, Revolvers rock.
2 642 on left 340 on right.jpg
2 642 on left 340 on right.jpg (180.78 KiB) Viewed 891 times
4 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 am

Sir Henry wrote:Great videos. I especially liked the range video showing the split screen. It added a new perspective giving the entire video more depth.

Great shooting too.
Thank you! It took me a while to figure out how to do the split-screen, and it requires a little more work in recording the video and editing; but I really like the end result. I think it helps the viewer get a better sense of just how the firearms are performing as the shots are fired. I personally prefer it to the sound of a metallic clang that tells you little other than that the bullet struck "somewhere" on the target.

Howard
2 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:I too loved the videos, especially the second one. I really liked the split screen and the fact that you didn't edit out the misfires as so many others would have. I have long been a fan of Revolvers, and in fact carried a fix sighted Model 64 thru the academy and onto the street for patrol for years. I shot that same gun in Service Revolver Class in VA PPC competition and won against much nicer guns in the hands of cocky young officers over and over again. ;)

As the Department's Firearms Instructor, I listened to the younger recruits whine about "needing" autos until they saw what they could do with a revolver and a couple speed loaders... and a bit of practice. :) Eventually, PR and politics won out and we made the transition, but we were allowed to purchase the duty guns.

I still get out to the range on the farm now and again to keep my hand in, and the 64 makes the trip. She still puts them where they need to go, 50 rounds in the center. The model 64 is like the Old Marine Corp Jeep, stripped down to basics, it gets the job done.
fifty rounds.jpg

I carry a Glock 23, A Sig P220, or one of the two snubbys.. Airweight 642 or the M&P 340... Yup, Revolvers rock.
2 642 on left 340 on right.jpg

Great shooting with a terrific revolver! It's funny you compared it to the old Jeeps. When I was in the Marine Corps, the Jeeps were in their final days. In fact they were replaced by the Hummer while I was in. Nevertheless, I had a few occasions to drive the Jeeps and their capabilities and durability (they were as close to being "Marine-Proof" as a mechanical instrument can be!) impressed me so much that I drive a Jeep to this day (I wish I could get my hands on an old M151A1!)

Howard
2 x