Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

First rounds through the BBS carbine

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: First rounds through the BBS carbine

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Glad to hear that you and that Henry are getting along so well. Also, even though most of my shooting, these days, is with a scoop or red dot, nice to see some folks do so well with irons. Good for you.
1 x

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 pm

North Country Gal wrote:Glad to hear that you and that Henry are getting along so well. Also, even though most of my shooting, these days, is with a scoop or red dot, nice to see some folks do so well with irons. Good for you.
Thanks for the kind words, NCG!
0 x

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 pm

PT7 wrote:Impressive sight-in Range Report you gave us, and very good photos to take us alongside your shooting.
Those white paper plates with splash targets were perfect. You and your .357 Carbine nicely grouped those POIs.

What I most of all like of your work today is that you did it with the stock, iron sights, Deano. Great job!
PT7
Thanks, PT7!
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Save yourself the trouble. I received two more from Henry and the white diamond was the same, so that made three including the original. Just keep it like you have it, ( flipped around ) and as RR said, carry on. I decided to scope mine so not an issue any more.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:18 am

Also looks like the white diamond is out of alignment with the diamond that is also stamped into the metal of the insert. Not that you should have to fix this yourself, but you might be able to scrape the white paint off that is outside of the stamped diamond with an xacto knife and then with a toothpick or needle touch up the black part of the stamped diamond with white finger nail polish. Anyway call Henry on the phone and talk to them. Tell them exactly what you see, ask for another one and have them inspect it before sending it.
deano5150 wrote:... The white diamond on the insert is out of alignment with the notch. I may email Henry and ask for another. Meanwhile, I will attempt to flip it over to the plain black side. ...
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 am

Sure save yourself the trouble, but it's also time to kick this up a notch and let Anthony and Dan know that even the replacements being sent out are defective.
markiver54 wrote:Save yourself the trouble. I received two more from Henry and the white diamond was the same, so that made three including the original. Just keep it like you have it, ( flipped around ) and as RR said, carry on. I decided to scope mine so not an issue any more.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 am

nicely done .... I agree with you that as you and your carbine get better acquainted your groups will get even better .... what length shots are likely where you hunt .. :?:
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 am

Nice shootin Deano,
I wouldn't have thought that you could tell the difference between the carbine and the rifle in the 357.
Good to know though.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 am

Mags wrote:.
Sure save yourself the trouble, but it's also time to kick this up a notch and let Anthony and Dan know that even the replacements being sent out are defective.
markiver54 wrote:Save yourself the trouble. I received two more from Henry and the white diamond was the same, so that made three including the original. Just keep it like you have it, ( flipped around ) and as RR said, carry on. I decided to scope mine so not an issue any more.
Yes, you are right. They SHOULD correct the problem.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:06 am

markiver54 wrote:
Mags wrote:.
Yes, you are right. They SHOULD correct the problem.
Actually...it gets worse. Had forgotten, but the second time they sent a replacement, they duplicated the order so I have 4 like this.
One is still on my rifle under the scope.
20190113_095613.jpg
20190113_095613.jpg (89.26 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry