Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT7 -- Stallion loose on the Range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

PT7 -- Stallion loose on the Range

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Second time at the range today with this Uberti 1873 Stallion .22LR revolver.

I brought 120 rounds of ammo, but only got to shoot 1/3 of it. The range had a air circulation problem, and they shut it down to have a technician come out to service it. So these two 6" paper targets show only 20 POIs each using CCI Std Velocity 40gr LRN ammo.

I was planning to shoot at 12 yards and 15 yards when they called the permanent cease-fire. That's okay. A good thing is that the range rep gave everyone who was there a free pass to shoot another day. Even though I had a good start to a planned 120 rounds, another range visit for no charge is just fine.

Here's the range story in photos. Pretty steady on the sights today for only the second time shooting it....the Stallion wasn't bucking at all!
Have a good day, Everyone.
PT7
1873 Stallion_2860.JPG
1873 Stallion_2860.JPG (235.95 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Stallion_2914.JPG
Stallion_2914.JPG (195.2 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Stallion_2916.JPG
Stallion_2916.JPG (173.79 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
7 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: PT7 -- Stallion loose on the Range

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:01 pm

That is a nice looking pistol. I have one that looks just like it except I thought it was a Cattleman. It’s a hard one to aim with the flat sights.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks, Gene. Yeah, the 1873 SA Cattleman looks about the same as my revolver. But I've seen the Cattleman offered on the Uberti website only in these calibers: .45 Colt, .357 Mag, .44 Mag. Didn't look any further to see if it is made in a rimfire caliber. What caliber is yours?

The fixed sights on my SA revolvers work fine for me and my elder eyes (at least for now!). That's why I'm shooting these SA wheel guns nowadays. Plus just plain 'ole like the looks of Cowboy action revolvers.

Sir Henry wrote:That is a nice looking pistol. I have one that looks just like it except I thought it was a Cattleman. It’s a hard one to aim with the flat sights.
0 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Very nice, Bob! Beautiful revolver and great targets to boot!

Thanks for sharing! Let me know when you're thinking about using your free pass, I might truck over that way. Depending on timing, i might even have some hand-loaded 357 Mags for my BBS!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Great range report, as per normal! Thanks. Glad you got out and found a bargain to boot.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Sounds like a plan, Evan. Will do.

;) (Would you consider this coming Saturday morning to be a good time?!?) :lol:

ESquared wrote:Very nice, Bob! Beautiful revolver and great targets to boot!

Thanks for sharing! Let me know when you're thinking about using your free pass, I might truck over that way. Depending on timing, i might even have some hand-loaded 357 Mags for my BBS!
0 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Too funny. I'll be freezing, it looks like, 12 feet in the air in the woods!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 am

PT, have to say, you are building a very nice single action collection. Love that Uberti. Been looking for one, myself, but not many shops carry Uberti around these parts.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm

PT7 wrote:Thanks, Gene. Yeah, the 1873 SA Cattleman looks about the same as my revolver. But I've seen the Cattleman offered on the Uberti website only in these calibers: .45 Colt, .357 Mag, .44 Mag. Didn't look any further to see if it is made in a rimfire caliber. What caliber is yours?

The fixed sights on my SA revolvers work fine for me and my elder eyes (at least for now!). That's why I'm shooting these SA wheel guns nowadays. Plus just plain 'ole like the looks of Cowboy action revolvers.

Sir Henry wrote:That is a nice looking pistol. I have one that looks just like it except I thought it was a Cattleman. It’s a hard one to aim with the flat sights.
This is what I have. I bookmarked this about ten years ago.
https://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-cattleman-22-revolver
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Appreciate that, NCG. I would not have thought I'd ever have a SA collection, but it suits me just fine. The PT7 gun cabinet "residents change" just has been too long in its coming, particularly with the unrealized challenges I've had shooting long guns. Cross-eyed dominance has made that tougher to enjoy.

You and a couple of other Forum Folk have mentioned that shops in your areas don't carry Uberti replicas. Never can figure how different LGS stock their shelves. These guns are available here fairly often. I have two LGS less than a dozen miles from me, and a third one (on the KS side), which is about 25 miles away. I have seen Uberti revolvers in each shop. Go figure.

Hope you find one someday; and in .45LC, which I'm sure you would enjoy a lot.

PT7
North Country Gal wrote:PT, have to say, you are building a very nice single action collection. Love that Uberti. Been looking for one, myself, but not many shops carry Uberti around these parts.
0 x

~Пока~