Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT7 -- Stallion loose on the Range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: PT7 -- Stallion loose on the Range

Post by PT7 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Cool-looking revolver, Gene.

Around noon time today, BillyBoy posted a Range Report where he shot his Cattleman in .22LR. So now I really do know that the rimfire caliber is available in that model, too. Hard to keep track of so many gun models on the web sites!
Sir Henry wrote: This is what I have. I bookmarked this about ten years ago.
https://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-cattleman-22-revolver
1 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:06 pm

This 22LR will be my next revolver.

Taylors and Company Uberti Single Action 22LR 5.5 Full Size 6 Round ( Model 0471)

Bud's Gunshop sells it for $438.00

3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Looks like a fun revolver to shoot. Uberti sure does a nice job on their replicas.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am

RanchRoper wrote:Looks like a fun revolver to shoot. Uberti sure does a nice job on their replicas.
I think they are better than the origionals.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 pm

So, I've been window shopping for the 1873 Uberti Stallion .38s New Model. At some websites I come across Uberti 1873 Cattleman Stallion. What's with that? I thought Cattleman and Stallion were separate/different revolvers.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Why don't you get the one that holds 12 rounds of .22 rf?
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 pm

I don't know which websites you've viewed, which publish various nomenclature for the Uberti replicas. Rather than wade through those differences in nomenclature, I went directly to the Uberti web site to find my Stallion: https://www.uberti-usa.com/stallion-revolver

My revolver (.22LR) is on this web page, and there also is offered the Stallion in .38 Special caliber. When you view this page, there are two links (gun photos) titled "Stallion" and "Stallion 10-shot." Immediately below those links, the revolver description tells you that the Cattleman and Stallion are different models of the original Colt S/A revolver....the key is the size of the revolver.

Then scroll further down on the page, and you'll find that under "specifications" there is only one model number that lists the Stallion in .38 Special. If this model matches what you want in the Uberti S/A, you've found it. Hope this helps.

Mags wrote:So, I've been window shopping for the 1873 Uberti Stallion .38s New Model. At some websites I come across Uberti 1873 Cattleman Stallion. What's with that? I thought Cattleman and Stallion were separate/different revolvers.
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 pm

I have enough .22s. So was looking for a larger caliber. The only other caliber in the Stallion is the .38s.
Travlin wrote:Why don't you get the one that holds 12 rounds of .22 rf?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm

I started with the Uberti website. I had found the .38s there. I started with their "find a dealer", but the list that comes up for my area is useless. The list in half the dealers don't carry the Stallion and the other half of the list doesn't sell firearms. So that sent to search online dealers. Here is one example where 'Cattleman' is used in conjunction with 'Stallion' in the product description: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... alnut+Grip.

Sounds like from the additional information you pointed out on the Uberti website a dealer should not be using those two words together. That they are separate distinct products unto themselves.
PT7 wrote:I don't know which websites you've viewed, which publish various nomenclature for the Uberti replicas. Rather than wade through those differences in nomenclature, I went directly to the Uberti web site to find my Stallion: https://www.uberti-usa.com/stallion-revolver

My revolver (.22LR) is on this web page, and there also is offered the Stallion in .38 Special caliber. When you view this page, there are two links (gun photos) titled "Stallion" and "Stallion 10-shot." Immediately below those links, the revolver description tells you that the Cattleman and Stallion are different models of the original Colt S/A revolver....the key is the size of the revolver.

Then scroll further down on the page, and you'll find that under "specifications" there is only one model number that lists the Stallion in .38 Special. If this model matches what you want in the Uberti S/A, you've found it. Hope this helps.

Mags wrote:So, I've been window shopping for the 1873 Uberti Stallion .38s New Model. At some websites I come across Uberti 1873 Cattleman Stallion. What's with that? I thought Cattleman and Stallion were separate/different revolvers.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Your BGS revolver is also listed on the Uberti page I posted...model 349879. So if I wanted this Stallion model as described on the Uberti sight, BGS has the correct gun --- setting aside the BGS nomenclature. Here were my experiences and shopping challenges to recently "build" my small Uberti SA revolver collection.

1) I got the 1874 Russian top break at BGS. Found the model number of the top break I wanted on the Uberti site, and BGS had the exact revolver in stock.

2) Same scenario as #1 for my 1890 Police.
Had some identification oddities here, however. The gun box showed the correct model number, and said it was an 1890 Police from Uberti. But it also listed on the box that it was the Stoeger distributor. Yup, my 1890 Police has Stoeger stamped on the barrel, plus it wasn't stamped a Police revolver; rather it was stamped an Outlaw :? :?: Such is the odd way of things. I had the right revolver I wanted in the correct caliber; I liked the looks very much, and I kept it as is. But the nomenclature on the gun itself and the box seemed liked it went awry from who-knows-where. I've not totally been able to figure it out, nor could my FFL shop. Such is the odd way of it.

3. The 1873 Stallion was a snap to buy. I visited a LGS about 8 miles from my home, and there it was in the gun display case. I wasn't looking for one; just "window shopping." But it was configured exactly the way I've always wanted a SA .22LR revolver. It took me probably less than 2 minutes to tell them that I would buy it! Within 1/2 hour or so I was on my way home with it.

Sounds like you have some shopping challenges with availability in your area. Best I can say is that whether you buy one from an internet shop, or find one in an LGS, the key is the exact Uberti model number from their web site. I'm all but certain that will do it and you'll have what you want.

I bet that .38 Special will be fun to shoot. And as I've found with my 3 single-actions, a well-made, quality revolver.
Best in your search.
PT7

Mags wrote:.
I started with the Uberti website. I had found the .38s there. I started with their "find a dealer", but the list that comes up for my area is useless. The list in half the dealers don't carry the Stallion and the other half of the list doesn't sell firearms. So that sent to search online dealers. Here is one example where 'Cattleman' is used in conjunction with 'Stallion' in the product description: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... alnut+Grip.

Sounds like from the additional information you pointed out on the Uberti website a dealer should not be using those two words together. That they are separate distinct products unto themselves.
PT7 wrote:I don't know which websites you've viewed, which publish various nomenclature for the Uberti replicas. Rather than wade through those differences in nomenclature, I went directly to the Uberti web site to find my Stallion: https://www.uberti-usa.com/stallion-revolver

1 x

~Пока~