Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Starting to develop some withdrawal symptoms

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Starting to develop some withdrawal symptoms

Post by clovishound » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Weather has been hot, and the local indoor I frequent has been having issues this summer with the A/C keeping up with the newer mandated airflows for indoor ranges. The Pup has been somewhat reluctant to go to an uncomfortable range. Add to that the storm last week and it's been probably something like a month since we have been to the range. I'm a little more resistant to the heat, but if the Clovispup isn't having fun, neither am I. In a perfect storm, my buddy has been busy with other things during this time and I haven't been able to go with him.

Good news is that it is supposed to be cooler this coming week, and I'm hoping we get out then.

If I can't go with either my buddy or the Pup, I'm thinking about going by myself. Is that a bad sign?
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Starting to develop some withdrawal symptoms

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Worse, that's desperation for the next Henry shooten fix :P
clovishound wrote:If I can't go with either my buddy or the Pup, I'm thinking about going by myself. Is that a bad sign?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:26 pm

I hate to admit it, but it is the 1911 that is really calling my name.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:11 pm

clovishound wrote:I hate to admit it, but it is the 1911 that is really calling my name.
I heard that call once many, many years ago .... lost all contact with its voice shortly thereafter and it hasn't spoken to me since .. ;)
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:41 pm

If I'm not shootin' somethin', somewhere, every 10 days or so, I really get the itch.

Maybe to the range tomorrow to show the BBS/.357 some long distance, outdoor range fun!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Not a bad sign at all, clovishound, that you have the itch to go shooting. Hope you get the chance, this week. Our weather has turned sharply colder, now, so maybe some of it will drift down your way.
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:22 pm

I feel your pain. With our moving and dealing with Florence, I did not unpack the guns until yesterday. Glad to say they survived the move (not so much the furniture). But it has been almost four weeks since I had range time and when your use to once a week you get a little twitchy. However, Wake County has a range they use for training LEO's and they open it up three or four half days a week to the public. Price is good and its about 15 mins. away. Yahoo!! :D :D :D
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:26 am

The indoor range I frequent is about 7 or 8 minutes away. I get an annual membership for $125, which allows the Pup and I to go as often as we want for the cost of targets and ammo. Not a bad deal.
1 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Didn't make it to the range last week, but we did make it today. :D

I did better than usual. Clovispup did a little worse than usual, except for one handed with the .45, which she nailed. I still can't get over her shooting that big ole .45 one handed, and producing groups smaller than most people at half the distance and using two hands.

And yes, the smaller Henry got some exercise as well as the handguns.

All in all it was a nice day spent with my daughter enjoying a common interest. It doesn't get much better than that.

OK, the Squirrel Nut Zippers concert I took her to Saturday may have been close. :roll:
2 x