Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

.45-70 H010CC sighting problem

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: .45-70 H010CC sighting problem

Post by GFK » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 am

Ozarkridgerunner wrote:
GFK wrote:Glad things worked out. I guess people make mistakes. I wonder if the test firing includes shooting at a target? Seems like a good QA check.
Yes sir it does. I assume all guns are test fired with a proof load but Patrick at HRA told me in an email that they didn't test fire their guns at a target for accuracy. They load the gun and run the ammo through the action to check function only. Those are his exact words. I was a bit surprised actually.
Hum. That explains a lot. I guess the sights are not expected to be used. Maybe, replaced? But, that would not yield a quality product. One would expect for it to shoot straight out of the box. To me, that would be like buying a car and assume people will replace the tires before driving it continuously so cheap 2 ply tires with minimal treads are used. One should not have to spend money or be frustrated before using a product appropriately. Yet maybe, that is what the world is coming to. Anyway, thanks and happy shooting!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks GFK. I guess they have summarized that a lot of folks will replace the buckhorn for say a peep or opt for a scope. I don't know that but just my opinion. Sure seems like lot of folks do replace the original sights and I can partially understand. However now that I've got my original problem rectified, the original set up is fine for me. But , like you , I have shot far too many guns of lesser price and quality that were zeroed on the money out of the box with open sights.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 am

I can agree. I guess if Henrys were used by mainstream (law enforcement or military), it might be a different story. And yes, I like my Henry with the buckhorn sight as well.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Ozarkridgerunner wrote:I have shot far too many guns of lesser price and quality that were zeroed on the money out of the box with open sights.
so have I .... times have changed and the OEM sights are no longer a concern for me .... the reason is, I only have and use 2 rifles that don't have a scope .... that being my Grandfather's Remington Model 12 pump 22LR and his early Winchester Model 94 30-30 .... both have buckhorn or semi buckhorn rear sights ....
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Maybe I got lucky or maybe someone at Henry off the books zero'd my buckhorn sight. I only adjusted the rear sight down one notch to set POA preference. Windage is dead on.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Likewise with my son's Golden Boy. It came out of the box a tack driver.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 am

Like a lot of things, people seek out sites like these more than likely to resolve a concern. So, this could be a slant or minority representation. But, this is the second type of sighting system used for the H009. Therefore, Henry does listen to concerns.
0 x