Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

function test H012CR 45

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
wvhills
Tenderfoot
United States of America

function test H012CR 45

Post by wvhills » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm

well, took the little carbine out to the range, targets at 25, 50, 80 & 100 yds; was not concerned about zeroing it in particularly, no rest just offhand,
more so that it functioned properly, and to get used to it, shot a tube at the 25 to get pt. of aim and pt. of impact close;
moved over to the other 3 targets; it's a fun little gun... after 6 more tubes, though i did play with the sights a little when shooting at the 100,
(had to let her cool down a little between tubes :D ) 70 rounds in all, next trip will bear down and see if i can get a good zero on the 80 yd, and what effect that has on the others. i suppose the amount of bead used should take care of range differences when i get used to it...

using American Quality 255 gr.lfn , didn't take the chrony with me, so will have to wait till next time.. they are my plinking rounds, for the brass.

i do have a 270saa mould i purchased from Milhec; i am hoping to use it for both the black hawk and the Henry; will prob. have a little more recoil with the heavier bullets. but that will be awhile. :)

will be back to report attempts shooting at the different distances for decent groups.

anyway, the rifle functioned fine, smooth cycling, trigger was fine (have not checked the pull wt. but its not bad),cleanup was a breeze; and did i say its just a fun rifle to shoot..

anyone have any tips ?
4 x
"you don't quit playing because you grow old;
you grow old because you quit playing"

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: function test ho12cr 45

Post by GFK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Just keep having fun.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: function test H012CR 45

Post by ESquared » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am

As you continue to fine tune it, don't be afraid to move the rear up and down. Had to do that with my BBS 357 before I went to a peep sight.

And, that's my second tip: consider a Skinner peep.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357