Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good day shooting 22LR Pistol. First 50p bullseye

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Re: Good day shooting 22LR Pistol. First 50p bullseye

Post by ruhler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:05 am

BigAl52 wrote:Great Shooting ruhler. Im not sure I could even do that 2 handed let alone one.
was a close one yesterday opened up with a 49p and then I got too confidient and got taken down by a 41p (the palmsupport on the grip got loose and slipped away some so I had to adjust it, Must have some Official excuse), then 44p and finished off with a 46p. Giving a total of 180p 4x5shot series. Im having a great week at the range with my 22 pistol :D Really fun im now the leader on the scoreboard for this season so far, but there is alot of good shooters and alot of the season left so I have hard competition.
0 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Post by ruhler » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:09 am

PT7 wrote:Appreciate learning you use an 8" target, ruhler. I have those, and usually attach them to a larger cardboard backing --- just in case of fliers.

Wondering about that "oily feel" on the Eley? I have some Browning Perf. Rimfire (BPR) 40gr RN ammo, which shoots accurately from my Henry SGC...haven't tried these bullets yet in my Mark IV. They have a black oxide coating on the bullet, but doesn't feel oily. So not quite sure what the black oxide is there for, and don't know yet if they will chamber/run through the Mark IV okay. Guess I'll find out next time out. Just might try the BPR rounds as they are marked for target shooting.
Just for the rules of precisionshooting is that you have 5minutes per series of 5shots from the command fire, and you have one practiceserie before the real series and that doesnt count points. Most precisioncompetetions is 6series but we only have 4series on our internal clubcompetitions. And if the hit on the target breaks/tangent the line you count the higher point.
2 x

Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Carver » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:14 am

Nice shooting !!!! With one hand I don’t think I could hit the back stop....
0 x