Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

357 BBB

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

357 BBB

Post by Ojaileveraction » Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 pm

This morning I had my H006M at the range to confirm sight settings.
I'm using 158gr cast lead over titegroup for the 40 @ 50 meter targets, For the 75 and 100 meter targets, 158gr Speer SP over Speer's lowest recommended H110 charge.
Two loads one sight setting. Partridge on a post sight picture works for all distances.
1 x
Pax at Justitia

Cattle Driver
Australia

Re: 357 BBB

Post by 220 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:31 am

I'm guessing from the distances you are shooting CLAS?
I don't shoot it a lot so just use my hunting loads that shoot flat enough to use the one sight setting.
They are a bit savage on the chickens and they often end up back past the pigs.
0 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Wed May 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Yes, but it is just called Lever Action Silhouette now. Cowboy was removed to not confuse with Cowboy Single Action shooting.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Sorry if I missed you talking about it already, Ojaileveraction.

I like using a patridge sight also. I know those provide pretty good sight acquisition. Since you have a H006M BBB, I'd like to find out what rear sight you have on it? I'm thinking about putting a receiver-mounted Skinner Express on an H012MR BBS along with a front patridge sight, rather than the stock bead. (Just having some challenges on the busy and somewhat confusing Skinner web site as to which patridge sight to order).

Anyway, interested in what you have on yours....thanks!
PT7
Ojaileveraction wrote:This morning I had my H006M at the range to confirm sight settings.
I'm using 158gr cast lead over titegroup for the 40 @ 50 meter targets, For the 75 and 100 meter targets, 158gr Speer SP over Speer's lowest recommended H110 charge.
Two loads one sight setting. Partridge on a post sight picture works for all distances.
0 x

~Пока~

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm

PT7 wrote:Sorry if I missed you talking about it already, Ojaileveraction.

I like using a patridge sight also. I know those provide pretty good sight acquisition. Since you have a H006M BBB, I'd like to find out what rear sight you have on it? I'm thinking about putting a receiver-mounted Skinner Express on an H012MR BBS along with a front patridge sight, rather than the stock bead. (Just having some challenges on the busy and somewhat confusing Skinner web site as to which patridge sight to order).

Anyway, interested in what you have on yours....thanks!
PT7
I use Williams FP/tk receiver sight. I have had to put a taller front sight on me Ramped 336. The HENRY BBB front sight was fine. Same for the rimfire Henry's.
1 x
Pax at Justitia

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

While we are talking sights does anyone know of a scope base for the BBS that allows the use of the factory sights with the scope removed but base still in place.
All my marlins wear either Williams ace in the hole with the intergral peep or the cheap alloy weaver base that allows the factory buckhorns to be used. Using Leupold QRW rings I can swap from scope to open in seconds.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:55 am

220 wrote:While we are talking sights does anyone know of a scope base for the BBS that allows the use of the factory sights with the scope removed but base still in place.
All my marlins wear either Williams ace in the hole with the intergral peep or the cheap alloy weaver base that allows the factory buckhorns to be used. Using Leupold QRW rings I can swap from scope to open in seconds.
Check out this thread.
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4420

Seems like the only option right now is to get either this

http://www.rangerpointstore.com/marlin- ... escription

or a Weaver 63B and modify to fit. The Weaver base is a cheaper base to experiment on.
1 x