Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT7 -- Easy 80 rounds

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: PT7 -- Easy 80 rounds

Post by PT7 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Cool pictures comparing the grips, Wiz. 8-) I didn't realize that there was that much of a difference between your model's stock grips and the after-market Tamer.

Re. jeans front pocket carry. At times I have my EDC riding along that way. This may not work for you, but thought I'd send it your way for possible consideration. I had bought a sticky holster for my Bond Arms derringer. https://bondarms.com/shop/holsters/sticky-holster/ It worked pretty well. I just decided one day to see how it would fit & carry my LCR revolver. It fit well, but as you noted, the longer grips "peek out" a little at the top of a jeans pocket. I usually wear my summer shirts out, or a sleeveless vest for EDC. So the grip is completely covered and my preferred way for EDC. The plus is that the sticky holster works nice, and for the most part, keeps the revolver pretty stable in the pocket. That's because it's "sticky." :lol:

Just never know what you're getting in a holster, however. BA didn't provide the size specs of the holster. Since it was designed for use with their derringers, I took the chance, and the derringer fit just fine. Mine fit best with a 3-1/2' barrel attached, but wasn't good at all with my 4-1/2" barrel in .357 magnum. This meant the derringer EDC was an O/U two-shot 9MM. Then decided to try my LCR revolver. Since my LCR has a 3" barrel, I had a pretty good fit. So I can EDC either of my LCRs using the sticky. Nice to have options. :)

Probably too much info your way....but one never knows!

Will look forward to your revolver Range Report! ;) Have a good day.
PT7

The Wiz wrote:Only draw back to putting on bigger grips is that the gun won't fit in my jeans front packet anymore.
The Wiz wrote:Pictures of my LCR. Bought it about a year ago. Next time I shoot it, I will give a range report.
0 x

~Пока~

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: PT7 -- Easy 80 rounds

Post by The Wiz » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Interesting use of a derringer holster. Got me thinking. :o
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856