Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range outing today

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Range outing today

Post by Mistered » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I cant shoot it with a failing extraction system.
I haven't had mine apart in a while but if I recall there is a small brass plate on the left side of the receiver that guides the ejector. You can see it with the lever open and if I recall if this gets too dirty it will have problems extracting. Seems I had extraction problems one time with mine but a complete tear down and cleaning got it running as smooth as glass!
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 pm

my biggest complaint is for a 22LR, its heavy and nose heavy
Hmm thats too bad - my 39A comes to my shoulder with the grace and elegance of a Stradivarius - as does my 26" Winchester 94's - and with no weight issues that I ever complain about!
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Mine is clean and I ran some bore paste in the chamber to clean that really good. This Marlin hasnt been shot that much. I have had it apart quite a few times. I just ordered an extractor from Wisners in Washington. Got it today in the mail. Just finished fitting it to the bolt. Next time out will see how it functions. But the thin wire like design on the factory extractor isnt a very good design in my opinion. I have nothing against Marlins I own several including one from the after Remington take over.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 pm

It's too bad that Remlin no longer makes the 39. I have one I bought many years ago but I like my Henry pump just as much.
0 x