Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT7’s Vaquero .357 Range Report

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: PT7’s Vaquero .357 Range Report

Post by PT7 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:03 pm

I remember quite a while ago when Sir Henry shared about a period of intensive self-training he did in order to improve shooting of his .22 rimfires rifles. A lot of the tips he shared made sense to me, I've remembered them, and also applied some to my own shooting. Thanks to SH and his help along with much range time, I believe I shoot my Henry SGC .22LR pretty darn well now!

I think the same friendly trail is opening up here for the new-to-me SA revolver shooting. I'm most interested in working with the "pinky that is always hanging loose." It is a shame to let it be blown about in the wind when it can help control the Six Gun! I like your suggestions, and will work on that at my next range time. Plan to also check out your recent post on the Kimber K6 .357 revolver.

Re. the plow grip. Since the Vaquero SA shooting is mostly an unknown to me, I'll stick with the stock plow grips for now. If the pinky power you suggested helps, I may stay with these "Dooley" grips. Shall see "how it all fits." :lol:

Much appreciated tips, NCG....thanks!
PT7
North Country Gal wrote: .....that pinky support of the grip will reduce how much the gun bucks in your hand, giving you better control for follow up shots. Best of all, it may also reduce the amount of knuckle busting. It's that gun movement in the hand that produces that knuckle busting.
0 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: PT7’s Vaquero .357 Range Report

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:41 pm

You're very welcome. As with shooting any kind of handgun, it's ALWAYS a work in progress. Just when you think there's nothing left to learn, you quickly learn it ain't so. :)
1 x