Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Pardini SP22 22LR Pistol

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Pardini SP22 22LR Pistol

Post by ruhler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

It was a long time ago since I fired my pardini SP22 Pistol, its my 22lr competition Pistol I shoot the most during season. The Pistol is manufactured sometime around mid 90s and still performs it shoot better than I am. Triggerpull is set to 2lbs (following the rules of precisionshooting). I think I havent fired it since oktober and today I took it to the range. As always lots of snow had to shovel to get the door open. Shot pretty decent today. Range to the target is 25meters shooting offhand onehanded. Used SK ammunition it performs great but then I tried some TopShot and they had a big group and shot to the right with 42point as the worst. I will not use them in my pistol anymore it works well in my rifle but I had to try them since they are cheap. 22LR is fun shooting and great practice and very cheap.

Some pictures:
(started great with 3tens then phone started to ring and I was distracted/unfocused forgot to mute it)

Anyway pretty good start of the year with my Pardini, no coffee and cookies but it worked out fine anyway. :)
Last edited by ruhler on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Pardini SP22 22LR Pistol

Post by tx gunrunner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 am

Welcome .........I love your gun . I've shoot a lot 22 bullseye all over USA and I never seen that gun before . Looks like the trigger length is adj .
0 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Post by ruhler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:Welcome .........I love your gun . I've shoot a lot 22 bullseye all over USA and I never seen that gun before . Looks like the trigger length is adj .
Thanks, Yes its adjustable and they are incredible accurate. Some having difficulties with the angle of the grip on these pistols your hand points downwards in a angle but I really like it. Pardini makes really nice firearms can really recommend trying one.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Unique looking pistol. Good shooting especially in that cold.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Have heard of the brand and they are now very popular on the competition circuit. Would love to have one, but it's a LOT more gun than we need for our now casual shooting.

Let me also add that you did justice to that very fine gun with your shooting. I KNOW what it takes shooting one hand at that distance. Well done.
0 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Post by ruhler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 pm

North Country Gal wrote:Have heard of the brand and they are now very popular on the competition circuit. Would love to have one, but it's a LOT more gun than we need for our now casual shooting.

Let me also add that you did justice to that very fine gun with your shooting. I KNOW what it takes shooting one hand at that distance. Well done.
Thank you very much for those kind words. I practice so much I can but still keeping it at a fun level.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:Welcome .........I love your gun . I've shoot a lot 22 bullseye all over USA and I never seen that gun before . Looks like the trigger length is adj .

TGR, that brand is a relative newcomer to the competition circuit. Don't think it was around back in our day. Gets great reviews, though.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Have never seen or heard of a Pardini before. Quite an intriguing look to the pistol. So I decided to dig around the web and came on a very interesting comparison/review of some .22LR precision pistols: Hämmerli Model 208S, Benelli’s MP 95E Atlanta model, and the Pardini Model SP. Sounds like these are quality firearms for that type of shooting competition. Here is the article link for anyone who might like to read a little more.
https://www.gun-tests.com/issues/12_8/f ... qhrfExFxjo

Thanks for the post and photos, ruhler. Hope the coming year with your Pardini goes well. Continue to enjoy.
0 x

~Пока~

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 am

PT7 wrote:Have never seen or heard of a Pardini before. Quite an intriguing look to the pistol. So I decided to dig around the web and came on a very interesting comparison/review of some .22LR precision pistols: Hämmerli Model 208S, Benelli’s MP 95E Atlanta model, and the Pardini Model SP. Sounds like these are quality firearms for that type of shooting competition.
The Hammerli 208 is a very old model, it was replaced by the 280 which in turn was replaced by the SP20.
I have a SP20 in 22lr and the conversion kit to 32swl WC only. These have also now been discontinued since Walter took over Hammerli.

I wouldn't rate the outright accuracy of the European target pistols as much different from a good USA made 22 pistol but the adjustability they come with puts them in a different league.
Just about everything is adjustable, end result is they fit like a glove and are far easier to shoot well, far more forgiving and recoil recovery far better.

Despite all that I am still yet to shoot the perfect 50 series, 49 seems to be my limit on the best days :lol:
0 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Post by ruhler » Tue May 15, 2018 1:21 am

220 wrote:
PT7 wrote:Have never seen or heard of a Pardini before. Quite an intriguing look to the pistol. So I decided to dig around the web and came on a very interesting comparison/review of some .22LR precision pistols: Hämmerli Model 208S, Benelli’s MP 95E Atlanta model, and the Pardini Model SP. Sounds like these are quality firearms for that type of shooting competition.
The Hammerli 208 is a very old model, it was replaced by the 280 which in turn was replaced by the SP20.
I have a SP20 in 22lr and the conversion kit to 32swl WC only. These have also now been discontinued since Walter took over Hammerli.

I wouldn't rate the outright accuracy of the European target pistols as much different from a good USA made 22 pistol but the adjustability they come with puts them in a different league.
Just about everything is adjustable, end result is they fit like a glove and are far easier to shoot well, far more forgiving and recoil recovery far better.

Despite all that I am still yet to shoot the perfect 50 series, 49 seems to be my limit on the best days :lol:
Yeah Im still struggling with getting 50, getting close with 49 on good days :)
0 x