Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My Favorite on a cold day.

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

My Favorite on a cold day.

Post by Squatch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Finally got my old reworked Stevens Favorite to the range today. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3953

It was about 36*-38* while we were at the range.

Stevens Favorite Model 1915 with Marbles tang sight and factory blade front. It just took me a few minutes to get the sight set. But I wasn't shooting very well today. I had some good shots but consistency eluded me. I simply wasn't seeing well and I haven't shot a blade sight on a rifle in quite a while.

But Hack on here was. He shot the rifle 3 shots and showed what it can do now. 3 shots in a 5/8" group at 50 yds! :shock: The only 3 shots he took with my gun.
001 (Small).jpg
001 (Small).jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
After that My targets aren't that impressive. But I saw enough today to see that if I do my part this rifle will shoot groups the size of a quarter all day long. But that wasn't going to happen for me today. The only ammo we shot was Federal Auto Match.
002 (Small).jpg
002 (Small).jpg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
003 (Small).jpg
003 (Small).jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
004 (Small).jpg
004 (Small).jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
The link above has pics of the rifle and a link to the thread on another forum that describes the work I've recently had done to it. Cosmetically it's still a work in progress. But it shoots and functions fine. Today was probably the 1st target shooting that's been done with this rifle in decades! :D So pleased to bring this old jewel back from the dead! :D
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: My Favorite on a cold day.

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Looks like Hack was "The Man" today. ;) :)
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: My Favorite on a cold day.

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:12 pm

You know what a fan of single shots I am, so I'll just say congrats and thank-you for rescuing an old classic and giving it new life. Proud to know you. Great report, too.
0 x