Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Rangereport Walther Q5 Match 9mm Luger

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Rangereport Walther Q5 Match 9mm Luger

Post by ruhler » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am

Today I went to the range to do some practice precisionshooting, best serie was the last serie of 5shots resulting in 49point of 50 less than a 2" group shot from 25meters (27yards) one handed. Best serie so far with this gun, usually keeps around 42-46points on a good day, some other days I want to bury the gun in the sand and forget it but its always my fault if its a bad serie. As always its all in the triggerpull, breathing, focus and and a clear mind. :)

Weather: a couple of degrees below freezing, around -3degrees Celcius was pretty cold after a couple of hours and shooting without gloves.
Ammunition: Homeloads with bullet: FMJ Frontier CMJ 115grain, powder: Vithavouri N340 5,3grain, C.O.L: 28,9mm
Gun: Walther Q5 Match, 9mm luger

Some pictures:
The range, its a little snow up to the knee:

The target with my best serie 5shot 49point, 44mm CC.

The gun:
Walther Q5 Match its built on Walther PPQ with some small differences I believe, incredible smooth triggerpull as for being stock strikerfired, short reset and a godly grip. Adjustable Original Sights from LPA I believe and a red fiberoptic front sight, its a thin square frame around the fibreoptic it so It works pretty well for precisionshooting. You cal also mount optics on it if you want it comes ready with 3 different plates one for docter and two other brands. Only modification I have made is to exchange a spring to a lighter one the triggerpull is about 3,5lbs. I have a new Apex trigger to exchange with Bought it with the gun but it works so well with stock so I havent bothered to change.

Anyway fun day at the range with a couple of buddies.
Last edited by ruhler on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Rangereport Walther Q5 Match 9mm Luger

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:09 am

Great shooting. Sure beats what I could have done. I like Walthers and have several.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 am

Nice shooting for sure especially in that weather. I think he might have more snow than the the snow king himself RR.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:21 am

tip of my cap to you .... nicely done indeed
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:40 am

Under 2" group at 25 yards is truly excellent. Nothing like a finely tuned gun in the hands of a great shooter. Well done.

I have LPA sights on several guns and love them. Also like that same 3.5 pound trigger weight on my 1911s.
0 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Post by ruhler » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am

Thank you everyone, Shooting is a perishable skill and its fun so me and a couple of friends of mine shoot all year around even when its cold and snow. I shoot thousands of round each year. And I need to practice to be able to compete and furfill my licencerequirements each year.

This was my first close to 50p with this gun and I stopped at a positive experience its a boost for the confidence until the next time.
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:25 pm

Nice! I've spent sometime with my paw wrapped around a couple of PPQ M2's, Out of the box one of the nicest auto's I've ever shot. Very comfortable. Good sights, Trigger is amazing for a production gun. These were not even on my radar until a family member bought one. Must say I was way impressed 1st time I shot it.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.