Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CCI 22lr Uppercut ammo??

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: CCI 22lr Uppercut ammo??

Post by Mags » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 pm

Found a another corny video by the same author.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4f-nIkusTs

22Plinkster commented on this video.
3 videos later, I must say something: The reason you are not getting expansion on your rounds is because of the gel block. Yes, CBG (Clear Ballistic Gel) looks cool and gives you a visual for TouTube, but the FBI laughs at that synthetic material. CBG is NOT accurate at testing bullet penetration or expansion. I tried it myself, and nothing expanded. However, when I used simtek gel, the same as the FBI uses for ALL test, the bullet performed beautifully each and every time. Would you rather have a bullet that looks pretty going through CBG or use a gel that actually simulates human tissue and blood? I would much rather it work in a real-world environment than to look good for a video. Yes, I have used CBG in many of my videos for visual effects, but it is not accurate. Ask anyone who has been testing ammunition for years. Get some simtek gel, the same gel that the FBI and industries have been using for years, and try your test again. You will be amazed at the results. That's why I mentioned in my video what I was using and why. I hope this helps.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:46 am

Thanks for this thread, I can currently run my 9mm pistol, but with difficulty and I have to concentrate hard, I may end up with a .22LR or .22 Mag 4” pistol. It makes me feel better about that change. I was originally thinking that I could use my 10/22, for home defense, but that only seems practical if CCI comes out with a carbine version at say 1000 fps. Definitely want it to stay subsonic!!! This ammo is definitely better than a sharp stick or pepper spray.

My 9mm carry load is a heavy subsonic Gold Dot. I like the bullet.

Peripheral Neuropathy sucks, pardon my grammar!

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

mjh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by mjh » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:46 am

I watched the new Plinkster video and the gel comparison. I don't know anything about get and gel testing other that what I see and hear on the internet so.......

How about hanging a side of beef up on a pole either with hide on or some denim. Pack some gel in behind the flesh and bone and so some testing.
Or get a few feral hogs--kill them first--lay them out---shoot with the ammo---dissect to get the rounds out---see what they look like.

Maybe have the person who does this not be one of the people who have already tested the ammo and who is not getting paid by CCI, the gun manufatures, etc......
1 x