Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Airgun Play time.

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Airgun Play time.

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:55 pm

I pulled a Sir Henry today and decided to do little springer playing in the middle of the day. I shot some of my swinging balls and the big tennis ball I also have some other things to shoot at on the range. I pulled out my bench with my bag a did some off the bench on the bag as well. Had a wind blowing right to left so I had to play with that a little. First pic is my range. Its about 20 yards to the targets.
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG (267.88 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Next pic is my target shot for the day off the bags. About as good as I can do. I was using JSB Exact Diabolo 15.89gr pellets. The Ole Weihrauch 95L shoots pretty good. Id still like to get a PCP but I dont think thats going to happen for a while
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG (118.06 KiB) Viewed 912 times
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Airgun Play time.

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Nice range. I don’t think I’ve seen pictures of it before. I’m thinking of hanging some balls up also.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Wow those are some heavy pellets. Great shootin’ too.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 pm

I think the guy shooting the ole 95L shoots pretty good, too. :) Those HWs really are as good as it gets in the springer world. A few other brands are right there with HW, too, but the HWs are my favorite.

I do understand about going PCP. We worked our way into PCPs, gradually, step by step, so it didn't hurt as much as going whole hog, right away. Going PCP has so many practical advantages from a shooting standpoint. It's really added so much to our airgun shooting. That said, I thought I might lose interest in shooting other types of airguns when we recently expanded our PCP shooting, but, if anything, I actually look forward shooting our springers, CO2 and pumpers all the more, now. Go figure.

For instance, I've been recently working with our FWB Sport springer. This is a truly exquisite spring piston gun with superb accuracy, but it has a recoil that makes it a real challenge to get that accuracy. It's one mean (and loud) and downright scary springer to shoot. Yup, I do get frustrated shooting the FWB, but one thing for sure, I NEVER get bored shooting it. When I get groups that I know the Sport can shoot, I feel like a million dollars.

1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 pm

If it doesn’t warm up tomorrow I may shoot the Beeman P1 instead of a CO2. It has the weight and balance of a 1911.
75761359-6489-4595-A25D-D18AFE2A6E7C.jpeg
75761359-6489-4595-A25D-D18AFE2A6E7C.jpeg (237.13 KiB) Viewed 895 times
It’s currently 46 degrees and the forecast says it won’t hit 50 for the next three days.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:51 am

Love the grips. I may have to try some of those on mine.

Oh, yeah, the P1, otherwise known as the HW45. It takes a lot of work to master this hard kicking spring piston gun. Adding that scope is a good idea. More weight helps to calm the shooting cycle a bit.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:51 am
Love the grips. I may have to try some of those on mine.

Oh, yeah, the P1, otherwise known as the HW45. It takes a lot of work to master this hard kicking spring piston gun. Adding that scope is a good idea. More weight helps to calm the shooting cycle a bit.
I bought it about 35 years ago. During the construction of the other houses in the neighborhood. I would use some of the berms dug for the foundations as a backstop and shoot tiny plastic army men. That was when my house was only the third house built. Now there are dozens.

I don’t really remember having problems shooting (aiming) it

A co-worker at the time owned it and I traded a Beseler 45 for it. No the Beseler isn’t a 45ACP or a long or short Colt. The Beseler 45 is a photo enlarger for a darkroom.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:02 pm

Given that film is about dead, now, and air gun shooting is hot, you made a good trade. Of course, who could have known at the time?
0 x