Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another nice day

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Another nice day

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:00 am

Had another nice day yesterday for rim fire shooting, I took my recently bought Remington 541-S I bought from my daughter. Swapped out the 2-7 Leupold rimfire scope for a Leupold 3-9X33 Compact AO. Not a great difference in power but a little better. I have a Vari-X II 6-18X40 AO that may go on it next or a fixed Leupold 12X. I also took my wife's CZ 452 Grand Finale that is the least shot of our GF rifles. Leupold Vari-X II 4-12X40 AO on it. These Leupolds are super clear and track better than most scopes from some major companies. The 541-S actually loves CCI Standards but they close pretty hard on chambering with the tight chamber 541. All CCI groups were under the 1/2" and a few -3/8". Wife's GF shoots fantastic groups with lower tier RWS (Geco Rifle).
The one it really hammered into tiny groups I have 16 bricks of it so she will not have to worry about ammo for a while. I actually may have to hide that lot number from her :shock: so I can beat her when she goes to the range when the weather gets really nice. :lol: I was so pleased with both rifles the way they shot especially for being light weight sporters. Her GF I believe would rate in accuracy in the top two or three out of the five GF's we have. Honestly the Grand Finales overall are excellent shooters and the barrels bore scoped very good. The GF barrels were advertised by CZ as being made in the old Brno workshop on the hand operated barrel making equipment. Could be something to it as the old Brno rifles were known for their accuracy. No shooting today with winds going well over 35-40 MPH. May spend some time on repairing the ding in my Grand Finale stock. Everyone have a nice and safe week end.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Another nice day

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Bandit, I did have a 541S for a short time and it was an outstanding shooter, one of the best I've ever had. Got traded off for something else, back in the day. One I probably should have kept ... or maybe not. That entire 540/580 series with the multiple rear locking lungs were all great shooters, even the lowly 580 single shot.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Another nice day

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Sounds like a fun day. I have an old 98 Mauser action made by CZ BRNO in 1923.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater