Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good day for shooting

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Good day for shooting

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Went to the range today after I couldn't get any friends to go the LGS with me. Took both Ruger handguns along with my CZ Trainer 452. Weather was nice and a little breeze from the south that warmed the temp up to around mid 50's by noon. Started out with the MK III with the 1-4 scope on it. Shot at 30,40 and had to stay short of 50 due to some wet coal dirt I didn't want to drag home on my shoes. Ended up around 47 yds or a little over. The stars must have been lined up for me today. I shot 4 five shot groups and one 6 shot at the 47 yd target. They were shot with Geco bolt rifle ammo that this pistol likes and a group with Remington pistol Match. The groups were 1 1/8"---1"--- next I had four in 1/2" and the next shot opened up to an inch and half. :shock: :lol: The Remington Match shot 6 in 1 3/4". The Ruger MKIII shoots way beyond my expectations that a handgun can shoot this well especially with me shooting it. I have not been shooting handguns for at least 25 years but now I am really enjoying these Rugers.
Shooting free hand I will be pathetic but I will try it when the weather gets nice in the spring.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Good day for shooting

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:37 pm

nice shooting .... good to hear you had a good outing
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 pm

A bad day shooitng Bandit is better than not shooting at all. Sounds like you had a good day no matter what.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:28 am

Bandit, that is some excellent shooting with the Ruger Mark. That the Ruger Mark can shoot such groups comes as no surprise to me after a lifetime of shooting them. I've also had a few Ruger Single Sixes that could do that kind of long range work, too, though most of them have not been able to keep up with a Ruger Mark.

The only 22 handguns I've had that could beat a Ruger Mark at 50 yards were my Contenders with the 22 Match barrels and, of course, my Anscutz Exemplar, which I still have and will never sell. The Exemplar came late to the silhouette game, but it was the gun that unseated the Contender as the dominant pistol in the rimfire handgun class. The Exemplar, of course, is pure specialty pistol, nothing even close to being a traditional pistol like a Ruger Mark. The Ruger is still my favorite traditional autoloader 22 pistol.
0 x