Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shooting last week

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Shooting last week

Post by bandit1250 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm

Last week started out great. The weather was very good for accurate shooting with very slight winds to almost none at all. My wife got to go with me on Monday. We shot a lot of rounds shooting my new KYL target from shootingtargets7 and what a difference over the old very heavy KYL we have shot for years. Very easy set up and breaks down in seconds with no tools and fits in the trunk of my Corolla with a lot of room to spare. Weight is 15lb. compared to the old beast that weighed in the 30+ lb. range and required tools to set it up and take it down. Could not be transported to the range in a car. Had to be transported in an SUV or pickup truck.
I shot the KYL target and some paper targets but my wife hates shooting paper so she kept shooting the KYL. She shot a 325 box of Auto Match plus some from a second box before we finished up to head home to eat. Her CZ Trainer shoots most any ammo and is a favorite of hers.
Tuesday I went alone while she washed clothes and went to the market. Not as much fun without her along but it was an even better weather day than the day before. I shot the KYL target and some very small bulls eye paper targets. That is where the Remington 540 XR really shines and the 16X Leupold is a fantastic scope for on the 540 and has very precise repeatable click adjustments and I might cry if that scope ever breaks and has to go back to Leupold and get replaced with a Freedom model. The 540 XR is very accurate with RWS Target rifle and SK+ being about a tie for accurate shooting and not break the bank.
Wednesday was not so good. After about 30-40 shots down came the rain and I gathered up my things and headed home. Glad she stayed home on Wednesday. Have to take the bad with the good. Take care everyone. bandit
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Shooting last week

Post by North Country Gal » Mon May 13, 2024 4:55 pm

Great report, bandit. I understand about the way your wife loves the Trainer. When we sold off most of our CZs, I regret not keeping my 452 Trainer. I shot it so well with the factory tangent open sights, I never bothered to scope it. Oh, well.

We were planning to go to the range, today, but we've been under a smoke advisory from fires up in Canada, same as we had to deal with all last summer. Really bad, today. I was outside for only an hour and came back in with burning eyes and a headache. Not good.
2 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Shooting last week

Post by bandit1250 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:32 pm

We had smoke down here in south western Pa. from the fires in Canada last year. It was bad enough to have burning eyes and also had a bad effect on folks with breathing issues. Hope it gets better for your area real soon.
0 x