Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Upcoming Sporting Clays shoot

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Upcoming Sporting Clays shoot

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:30 pm

Looks like you enjoyed a great time at the event Hatch!
0 x

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:19 am

Redthies wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:34 pm
What did you do for work Mike? My business is quasi-aerospace related.

I’m going to head to our range (I just joined after the move) on Sunday morning to get my 7-08 dialed with the copper, and hopefully bump in to a few of the local border officers who apparently shoot trap every Sunday.

I’ll keep the 50% number in mind as a successful first attempt. I understand SC is likely tougher, but having done neither before, I’ll be curious how I do. I know I can knock birds down, but clays might be cagier🤣
In the late 80’s Boeing built a fabrication facility in Spokane and I was fortunate to be hired early in 1990. In 2003 Boeing decided to get out of fabrication and only focus on plane assembly so put our plant up for sale. An aerospace holding company called Triumph Group bought the Spokane plant and continued the business under the name Triumph Composite Systems. Us factory workers were able to retain our membership in the Machinist Union after the sale. I retired in 2015 with 25 years at this facility.

Glad you were able to find some 7-08 copper loads. As I recall, you are hunting moose this year. Best of luck and success to you.

I expect you will do better than 50% at trap, the birds fly more consistently and you get more attempts at the same flight than you do in Sporting Clays. Either way you are going to have a great time.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:19 am

I chatted with one of the 2 customs officers that shoots trap regularly, and there is an event at the range this Sunday, so no rifle range use. I will wait another day. And the other customs guy (who shoots trap in the international police and fire games) is further east running around in the woods with pointy sticks and a piece of string…
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF