Greetings from Long Island, NY

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
IndianaJohns
Tenderfoot
Hungary

Greetings from Long Island, NY

Post by IndianaJohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi Everyone!

New member here, I have bought my first Henry rifle last summer. Nothing too exciting, it's an H001L in .22, but it's mine and I wouldn't have it any other way. When my finances will allow, I'll certainly buy another Henry in a pistol caliber so I can explore Cowboy Action Shooting, and possibly a .410 shotgun just because they look gorgeous. If they'll have them in an actual gauge by then, I'll get something a bit bigger (here's hoping for a 12 gauge lever action from Henry...).

A few words about myself: I'm a native-born Hungarian, moved to the States in 2012 in the name of love - my wife is American. I have served in the military back in the Old World, 3 years in the National Guard, 3 years in the Army as a "Weapons Technician" (= gunsmith). Left with the rank of Sergeant (OR-5), still miss it to this day, but don't tell my wife. ;)
I currently work in IT, but my love of firearms never left me. It's really inconvenient that moving from a very anti-gun country I ended up in one of the most anti-gun states in the whole Union, but that's just life.

I'm looking forward to having great discussions about all sorts of things here, and thank you for reading this! To finish, here is a picture of my rifle. The cartridge loops will come off as they are for a bigger caliber, and I'm also left handed. :)
IMG_20200121_194144604.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x
"You just killed a helicopter with a car!"
"I was out of bullets."

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Greetings from Long Island, NY

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful new Henry and welcome to the forum from CT. Glad you joined us!!!
IndianaJohns wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm
New member here, I have bought my first Henry rifle last summer. Nothing too exciting, it's an H001L in .22, but it's mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 pm

IndianaJohns wrote:
New member here, I have bought my first Henry rifle last summer. Nothing too exciting, it's an H001L in .22, but it's mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Welcome from the Show-Me-State, Indiana.

Rarely, rarely do I disagree with a newcomer about their first post. ;) But I do so now when you said your H001L is not too exciting. Your Henry has some fine-looking wood furniture, and your leather accessories really go well, too. Not least, you have the "flagship" rifle of HRAC. Yes, it is yours and you really do have something special.

Enjoy your wanderings on the Forum.
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Welcome from the TV, Oregon! Glad to read you like your Henry!
IndianaJohns wrote:
New member here, ...
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

IndianaJohns
Tenderfoot
Hungary

Post by IndianaJohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm

PT7 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Welcome from the Show-Me-State, Indiana.

Rarely, rarely do I disagree with a newcomer about their first post. ;) But I do so now when you said your H001L is not too exciting. Your Henry has some fine-looking wood furniture, and your leather accessories really go well, too. Not least, you have the "flagship" rifle of HRAC. Yes, it is yours and you really do have something special.

Enjoy your wanderings on the Forum.
PT7
Thank you for the kind words! I do not disagree with you at all, I just have this feeling that .22 is like a... a junior caliber, and having something bigger would count as a "real" rifle. Maybe I'm just insecure about the size of my caliber, who knows! :lol:
3 x
"I was out of bullets."

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. Nothin wrong with a 22. Still one of my favs to plink with.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

IndianaJohns
Tenderfoot
Hungary

Post by IndianaJohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
0 x
"I was out of bullets."

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Oh man, you just opened up yourself to be pounced on by the 'Enablers' here. :lol: Just so you know a Henry .22 is a real rifle, but how about chasing down a nice BigBoy Classic or one of the new Sidegates? Get you over that caliber insecurity :P
IndianaJohns wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm
Thank you for the kind words! I do not disagree with you at all, I just have this feeling that .22 is like a... a junior caliber, and having something bigger would count as a "real" rifle. Maybe I'm just insecure about the size of my caliber, who knows! :lol:
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Jones...Welcome from Nebraska. And, yes, size does matter. Lol. Kidding. Your 22 is the love of many of us. Enjoy your Henry, and enjoy living in the USA!
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Hello & welcome from central W TN.
Glad you joined, nice lookin 22, like the lever wrap.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012