Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New member from eastern Washington State

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: New member from eastern Washington State

Post by Ernie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Welcome to the forum from Michigan. Hope you enjoy your 357 BBS. I too am a lever gun fan from my first rifle and I am leaning toward a 357 steel. Please let us know how you like it and how the scope works out. We like pictures!
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Big howdy from Alberta. Enjoy.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Hey Hatchdog, welcome. I read your useful posts daily at Spokane Gun Trader, and I appreciate your keeping a strong leash on some of the more unruly members there as a moderator.

I am not yet a Henry owner though I hope to be shortly, I am funding the purchase of an All Weather .44 Mag by selling my current bear gun at SGT. I need a firearm that I can transport into Canada for camping around big toothy animals.

I was thinking hard about that BB in .327 Federal Mag but I think it is just too heavy. I hope you enjoy yours.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:14 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:32 pm
Greetings all,

Resident of the Spokane area of Washington State for 63 years (life). I’ve been an active firearms owner/user since early high school years and continue to enjoy the sport. I don’t do much hunting anymore due to advanced laziness but do continue to shoot both for recreation and competition. I participate in F class rifle shooting and some very casual trap shooting.

At one time I had a pretty extensive collection of Marlin lever actions ranging from 22lr to 45-70. Slowly I have sold off my collection and find I miss levers as I was down to only my 39A 22lr. Recently I was shopping for a Mini-14 and stopped into my LGS who didn’t have any Mini’s but I ran across a Henry Big Boy steel rifle in 327 Fed Mag. I have always been enamored with this caliber having owned a Ruger SP-101 in the past and currently have a Ruger LCRX that is my daily carry. I couldn’t resist so I brought the Henry home. My plan is to scope is as I find it hard to keep the front bead in focus using open sights. I’m thinking a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 will look nice on it as it is a smaller scope.

I see there is a running total post for Henry’s and I’ll wander over there and add mine.

Happy chatting everybody.
Cngrats! My only Henry is a .327 Federal mag. Good all round caiber in my opinion. I have a Burris E1 2-7 X 35 on mine. Works great!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Welcome
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:00 am

Welcome........
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:45 am

John E Davies wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm
Hey Hatchdog, welcome. I read your useful posts daily at Spokane Gun Trader, and I appreciate your keeping a strong leash on some of the more unruly members there as a moderator.

I am not yet a Henry owner though I hope to be shortly, I am funding the purchase of an All Weather .44 Mag by selling my current bear gun at SGT. I need a firearm that I can transport into Canada for camping around big toothy animals.

I was thinking hard about that BB in .327 Federal Mag but I think it is just too heavy. I hope you enjoy yours.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Hi John,

It’s a small world isn’t it. Good luck with your sale and purchase.

Mike
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:53 pm
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Spokane from 1965 to 1977 minus time in the Army. Go Rogers Pirates!
Hi Gene,

Lewis and Clark Tiger here, class of 75.

Mike
1 x