Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Newbie from S. Ohio

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
mprice
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Newbie from S. Ohio

Post by mprice » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm

Newbie from S. Ohio here - and an unexpected Henry owner. I have always wanted a Henry, but I just never had the extra cash to make it happen. But this year, that changed...

So, I make pens. I have made over 700 by this point, and they are scattered around the world. Recently, the governor of Ohio was gifted one of my custom pens by a Gold Star family.

At any rate, while attending a recent board meeting for a 501c3 that I serve on, a fellow board member cleaned me out! I had 24 pens in my case and he bought every one! With it being in early December, and having some extra (unexpected) cash, I decided to purchase a special gift that my wife had been wanting for a few years - an iRobot Roomba. And since I was buying her such a great gift, I thought it only "fair" to treat myself to something I had wanted for a very long time as well - a Henry H001TM.

I was also given some Christmas cash from various individuals within the church where I pastor, so I ordered the frontier 24" in 22LR as well!

I have been wanting a lever-action .22 since I was a boy! Now I am anxious to get out and shoot!
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Newbie from S. Ohio

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Welcome glad you joined us. I see you already added those Henrys to our running total. We like pictures here to .
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Welcome. I love to shoot 22 lever guns and have for decades. Hope you enjoy your Henry as much as I do mine.
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT. Glad you joined us. I'd love to see some photos of your pens.
mprice wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm
Newbie from S. Ohio here - and an unexpected Henry owner. I have always wanted a Henry, but I just never had the extra cash to make it happen. But this year, that changed...

So, I make pens. I have made over 700 by this point, and they are scattered around the world. Recently, the governor of Ohio was gifted one of my custom pens by a Gold Star family.

At any rate, while attending a recent board meeting for a 501c3 that I serve on, a fellow board member cleaned me out! I had 24 pens in my case and he bought every one! With it being in early December, and having some extra (unexpected) cash, I decided to purchase a special gift that my wife had been wanting for a few years - an iRobot Roomba. And since I was buying her such a great gift, I thought it only "fair" to treat myself to something I had wanted for a very long time as well - a Henry H001TM.

I was also given some Christmas cash from various individuals within the church where I pastor, so I ordered the frontier 24" in 22LR as well!

I have been wanting a lever-action .22 since I was a boy! Now I am anxious to get out and shoot!
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Welcome to the HRF from the Show-Me-State.

I think the long-barreled 24" Frontier .22LR (H001TLB model, correct?) is a cool Henry. A good friend of mine bought one also as his first Henry, and really likes the longer sight radius. He shoots with the stock iron buckhorns.

Coincidentally, he is also a pastor serving in S. Illinois. He bought the Frontier in late October as he was searching for his first church. He accepted the church pastorate and moved by December of the same fall. With such a short time for all that to happen, I only got to hold the Frontier and never shoot it. C'est la vie.

So I'll look forward to hearing how accurate your rifle is to shoot, what ammo you find the Henry likes, if you'll use the iron sights, and so on. Always nice to have a boyhood wish filled. Especially will be fun for us Forums members to hear how much you like it. I haven't read many Range Reports here about that model Henry. Enjoy! :)

PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Stray Cat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Stray Cat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Welcome from Iowa! Many years ago, one of my customers made a pen for me from a deer antler. It is a desk queen that never travels with me, I'm afraid I'd lose it. I'll look forward to your review of shooting you new rifle. The more I learn about a Henry, I can see more in my future.
2 x
Jeff

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Congrats on your 2 Henry's and Roomba! Also, welcome from the TV Oregon.
mprice wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm
Newbie from S. Ohio here - and an unexpected Henry owner. ...
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:24 pm

Hey Mprice! Welcome from Nebraska. Glad your Christmas worked out so well. You will enjoy the comraderie and info shared here.
2 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:42 pm

Welcome!
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 am

Welcome and Happy New Year from Alberta...
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully