Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Howdy Henry Folks, its good to be here

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
kamml
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Howdy Henry Folks, its good to be here

Post by kamml » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 pm

I have been a gun nut for over 50 some odd years. I am not a serious collector, but I have a couple from 22 rimfire through 444 Marlin and some 50 cal black powder rifles. I load my own from time to time and that includes 12 and 20 gauge too. I was an avid deer hunter 10 years back or so but after my last assignment to eastern Europe I just can't seem to find the energy anymore. Still I will give it a try again this Friday since I still enjoy getting out in the woods. I have a wife and a couple of little ones to take care of so my time is precious. I have been a long time Marlin guy and still enjoy them. But Henry has my attention now. Back when I was a lot younger both Marlin and Remington were fine firearms, not so much anymore. My next 30-30 will be a Henry. I just picked up a Long Ranger in 6.5 CRD I like the drop box magazine and a lever action. Sort like the Winchester 88 I never had so many years ago. It joins my Weatherby 6.5 and my home built 6.5 on a Savage 111 action with a Bison Gun Works stainless barrel. Both are good shooters and from what I read about the model I expect the Henry won't let me down either. I have a couple of hunting compounds and a crossbow. String and sticks are fun but they are like golf, you have to practice all the time to get any good at them. BTW I live in the great state of TN near Knoxville. Ya'll come to the Smokeys and Dollywood someday soon.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Howdy Henry Folks, its good to be here

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:37 pm

welcome to our forum .... my home area is just across the hump from you in NC .... we pass through your area at least a couple of times a year, delighted to have you join us .... feel free to jump into ongoing conversations; as well as, to start others of your own .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your current Henry rifle to our community's total and to revisit the thread when you add to your collection

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 97#p112997
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Good evening and a BIG welcome and Hello from the other end of the state.
Central Western Tenn. that is, we go through there a couple times a year going back and forth to see the youngest in SC.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Good to read you got the Long Ranger you said you had on order last week! Very interested to read about how it shoots for you. I'll also entice you to get the new Henry .30-30 with side gate and read about your expereice with it as well. Welcome to the forum again!
kamml wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 pm
I have been a gun nut for over 50 some odd years. I am not a serious collector, but I have a couple from 22 rimfire through 444 Marlin and some 50 cal black powder rifles. I load my own from time to time and that includes 12 and 20 gauge too. I was an avid deer hunter 10 years back or so but after my last assignment to eastern Europe I just can't seem to find the energy anymore. Still I will give it a try again this Friday since I still enjoy getting out in the woods. I have a wife and a couple of little ones to take care of so my time is precious. I have been a long time Marlin guy and still enjoy them. But Henry has my attention now. Back when I was a lot younger both Marlin and Remington were fine firearms, not so much anymore. My next 30-30 will be a Henry. I just picked up a Long Ranger in 6.5 CRD I like the drop box magazine and a lever action. Sort like the Winchester 88 I never had so many years ago. It joins my Weatherby 6.5 and my home built 6.5 on a Savage 111 action with a Bison Gun Works stainless barrel. Both are good shooters and from what I read about the model I expect the Henry won't let me down either. I have a couple of hunting compounds and a crossbow. String and sticks are fun but they are like golf, you have to practice all the time to get any good at them. BTW I live in the great state of TN near Knoxville. Ya'll come to the Smokeys and Dollywood someday soon.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Big western howdy from Alberta.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Welcome and Glad you joined us. Congrats on the new Henry.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Welcome!!!!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Glad to hear from you. Longtime Marlin fan myself, and now into Henry. Good luck on Friday, let us know how it went.
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi from KY.
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Big hello and welcome from not far away in Western NC. Glad you are here!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry