Re: New from Indiana

Post by If1Hitu » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Greetings from the Bluegrass State!
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: New from Indiana

Post by zara_puppy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Hello fellow Hoosier! While your plan is solid (actually very well thought out), it’s possible some additional data could be considered. Starting a new shooter on a .22 mag isn’t a bad idea you may want to consider youth lever .22. Shorter length of pull , sure, but still quite comfy for adults. And moving straight from a .22 mag to a .44 mag, well, that’s a pretty fair jump. So maybe a Henry Single Shot in .223 could be introduced into the mix. Then a Long Ranger or two - say a .243 and a 6.5 Creedmoor. Then a color case hardened 38 special / 357 magnum. THEN he’d be ready for the Big Boy .44. That’d be six Henry’s - and you already have two in the bag! Starting at around age 10, give him one every couple of years and you’re good to go until he’s around 22 years old. Be sure to let him know the.44 and the creedmoor stay at grandpa’s house so down the road when he visits there will be a couple of Henry’s on hand so you guys can have some plinkin’ fun.

Just tryin’ to help. ;)
Proudgrandpa2019 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am
Just bought a Henry Golden Boy in .22 Magnum. This is my second Henry, I bought a Big Boy in .44 Magnum late last year. My son and daughter-in-law had a bouncing baby boy on October 14th and named him Wyatt Henry (First, Middle). You probably already guessed the origin of these names. Anyway, I told my wife I thought I should start adding to my Henry collection so that when he gets older I can pass it down to my grandson. Of course, I will have a few years of shooting them between now and then!
0 x