Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New guy from Nebraska

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
MR.B
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New guy from Nebraska

Post by MR.B » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks for letting me join this great board. It was highly recommended by a forum member.

A little about myself, Retired out of the Air Force in 93 (20 years), was a carpenter/mason and became a Superintendent then a First Sgt. Was in the first Gulf War and been married for 33 years.

Been into guns since the age of 10 or so, and always wanted a Henry. Finally got one at a gun show, H001TLB 24" octagon. Haven't shot it yet, but hopefully in the near future.
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: New guy from Nebraska

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT, Mr. B. Thank you for your service. You will enjoy the company here; I'm sure of it. Friendly people with lots of knowledge about firearms and other interesting topics. Glad you joined us.
MR.B wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 pm
Thanks for letting me join this great board. It was highly recommended by a forum member.

A little about myself, Retired out of the Air Force in 93 (20 years), was a carpenter/mason and became a Superintendent then a First Sgt. Was in the first Gulf War and been married for 33 years.

Been into guns since the age of 10 or so, and always wanted a Henry. Finally got one at a gun show, H001TLB 24" octagon. Haven't shot it yet, but hopefully in the near future.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Big Welcome Mr.b. first...thank you for your service! lot of Vets here. Glad you joined us! You will enjoy the company here!
BTW, your user name caught my eye. My son is a glass blower and goes by MR.B.

Mark
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Welcome from a fellow Nebraskan! We are having a Henry get together in Aug. We would like to invite you to join us. Evan, in KC, is the contact. We will get you a link to details. Glad you joined up.

Jim. I am in Newman Grove. You?
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Welcome from Wickiup Junction, Oregon!
1 x

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Welcome from Indiana Mr.B.
1 x
NRA Life Endowment Member

MR.B
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by MR.B » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

@markiver, you son has great taste in names. I like him already.

@cofisher, I live in Papillion, and do have some things planned in Aug, and since E squared is the contact, I'm assuming it will be in the KC area.or will it be somewhere else? Hopefully, I-29 will be open by then. I'll contact E and get the details. Thanks for the invite.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Bernie!! Was so pumped up when you sent me that pic of the Frontier 24"!

Yes, I've been a buddy of Bernie's for a couple (?) years now, having met him on the 1911Addicts.com forum, out of which grew a KC Get-Together of members from around here (sound familiar?) and B drove down from Nebraska! He's been back in town a couple times since, and we always get together, shoot 'em up if we can, have lunch, dinner, whatever.

Along with you guys (and gals) here, Bernie was one of my major resources and "answer guy" when I first considered reloading. He's gifted me all kinds of gear and gadgets. He was also a very patient advisor (along with a couple forum members) on my O/U shotgun search. VERY patient.

Anyway, B's a great guy, an avid shooter (competition-type) and he's got lots of great experience to share, I'm sure. Don't hold the fact that he's friends with me against him, okay?

Glad you're now a Henry owner, and that you're here, B!
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Welcome!
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:58 pm

ESquared wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Bernie!! Was so pumped up when you sent me that pic of the Frontier 24"!

Yes, I've been a buddy of Bernie's for a couple (?) years now, having met him on the 1911Addicts.com forum, out of which grew a KC Get-Together of members from around here (sound familiar?) and B drove down from Nebraska! He's been back in town a couple times since, and we always get together, shoot 'em up if we can, have lunch, dinner, whatever.

Along with you guys (and gals) here, Bernie was one of my major resources and "answer guy" when I first considered reloading. He's gifted me all kinds of gear and gadgets. He was also a very patient advisor (along with a couple forum members) on my O/U shotgun search. VERY patient.

Anyway, B's a great guy, an avid shooter (competition-type) and he's got lots of great experience to share, I'm sure. Don't hold the fact that he's friends with me against him, okay?

Glad you're now a Henry owner, and that you're here, B!
Nice history there Evan.! And thank you, for sharing that part of your relationship!
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry