Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New future Henry owner

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
GRV01
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New future Henry owner

Post by GRV01 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Yes, unfortunately I dont currently own a Henry but will here soon as soon as I return to the states. I am in the Navy and will be stationed abroad here soon which means no shooting for awhile.

I recently got into reloading amd look forward to expanding that hobby to more calibers beyond .357/38SPL. Wifey and i am big fans of levers and wheelsguns, steel and wood.

Top of our list is a Henry rimfire lever to get the kids into them, likely with one of Rugers new Wrangler single actions to match. Other Henrys that have my eye are the new sidegate loaders (hoping to see those expanded to pistol calibers), and the Henry classic which is just a really neat repro of the gun that helped the Union save the Republic.

Anyway, see you around and I look forward to learning more about the Henry family
4 x
No thin chicks.
IYAOYAS

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: New future Henry owner

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum from CT. Glad you joined the conversation.
GRV01 wrote:Yes, unfortunately I dont currently own a Henry but will here soon as soon as I return to the states. I am in the Navy and will be stationed abroad here soon which means no shooting for awhile.

I recently got into reloading amd look forward to expanding that hobby to more calibers beyond .357/38SPL. Wifey and i am big fans of levers and wheelsguns, steel and wood.

Top of our list is a Henry rimfire lever to get the kids into them, likely with one of Rugers new Wrangler single actions to match. Other Henrys that have my eye are the new sidegate loaders (hoping to see those expanded to pistol calibers), and the Henry classic which is just a really neat repro of the gun that helped the Union save the Republic.

Anyway, see you around and I look forward to learning more about the Henry family
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:05 pm

first, thank you and your family for your service to our country .... absolutely, delighted to have you join our community .... please feel free to read and post often, to jump into ongoing conversations; as well as, to start your own
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Welcome from a northern neighbor, Alberta Canada. Your service is appreciated up here too.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:19 pm

Welcome from the TV, Oregon!
TV Geo Map sm.jpg
GRV01 wrote:... Anyway, see you around and I look forward to learning more about the Henry family
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Thank you for all you and your family have done and welcome to the forum. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures as you and the rest of the family become a Henry Family!
There's a lot to like and you'll learn a lot here, that's for sure!
Welcome from KC!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 pm

Yup thanks for your service. Welcome to the forum and when you get that first Henry we like pictures. So feel free to post pictures and let us see that new Henry.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 am

ESquared wrote:Thank you for all you and your family have done and welcome to the forum. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures as you and the rest of the family become a Henry Family!
There's a lot to like and you'll learn a lot here, that's for sure!
Welcome from KC!
Like that Western Auto sign
0 x
muleskinner1

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 am

GRV01 wrote:Yes, unfortunately I dont currently own a Henry but will here soon as soon as I return to the states. I am in the Navy and will be stationed abroad here soon which means no shooting for awhile.

Hello from N/E Ca. My dad was a gunner WW11 kalmalkazie's scared him to death, don't know if I spelled that right.
0 x
muleskinner1

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:18 am

KCMO.jpg
Welcome from the Show-Me-State...and especially thanks for your military service.
0 x

~Пока~