1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Crockett
Tenderfoot

Re: New from Oregon

Post by Crockett » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

I'm not sure how to answer with the quote -- so I hope I'm doing it the right way!

I live near Eugene and very much enjoy Oregon with it's diverse geography. It has everything in this state from ocean beaches -- to coast range mountains -- to high Cascade Mountains -- to high desert. The part I don't enjoy is all the extremist animal rights craziness around here and the others on the far, far left. It's been said that to get farther left you'd have to be in Berkley California and I believe it! I'm deeply involved in the fight against the animal rights extremism on a local, state and national level. I've seen firsthand what they have in store for us if we don't oppose them -- which is why I'm so involved in it!

I own a Benelli SBE II in MossyOak Bottomlands camo. I bought it for duck hunting but haven't done any duck hunting since I bought it -- so it's still virgin -- so to speak!

Since buying my Henry .22 LR pump, they introduced the Steel in .41 Rem. Mag. I'm a fan of that caliber and have been looking for a Marlin in .41 Mag for some time but won't pay the prices people want for a used one -- if you can even find one! I had been concerned about the slow twist that the Marlins have, because I wanted to shoot the long 265 grain lead bullets in it that several manufactures sell -- and the Marlin, with that slow twist probably won't stabilize them.

So -- when Henry came out with their own .41, I contacted Henry Customer Service and asked about the twist rate. They told me the twist in the Henry was 1:18.75! Good news indeed – especially when you figure it’s obvious Henry listened to people like me who were concerned with the slow twist in the Marlin!

So -- the Henry Steel in .41 Mag will be my next Henry -- but I've got to save up before pulling the trigger on it!

Crockett

PT7 wrote:Welcome from the Show-Me-State. Enjoy your visits!

Where do you live in OR? We were about 25 miles northwest of Salem for several years, when I was working at a small college in the late 90s. The best part of the years in that state was simply driving from A to B, and enjoying the beautiful countryside along the way. Of course, spending time hiking the beaches and promontories along the ocean front was most enjoyable, too.

One other question on your list of forums. Do you have a Benelli now? There is a sub-forum here that focuses on shotguns. What kind, and what do you use it for? I'm hoping to again be a Benelli owner in the near future. Although not American-made like Henrys, they make a quality s/g.

Crockett wrote:I just bought my first Henry a .22 pump, which I’ve lusted after since forever and am very pleased with the rifle! Now I’m in the market for the new Henry .41 Rem Mag Steel!

Crockett

Eastmans Hunting Forum
Cabela’s Forum
Optics Talk Forum
Benelli Forum
Kimber Forum
S&W Forum
Nosler Reloading Forum
And now the HenryRifleForums
As well as several Flight Sim and Computer forums
1 x

PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PMC » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Welcome, we all have to stick together for our gun rights!
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Welcome from W Tn.
Got one of the 41's and its sweet.
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Hello from Northern California.

Always nice to make the acquaintance of "dog people." I don't have any experience with shows, but I've competed on various field trial circuits with my pointers and setters for quite some time. Phasing out of that stuff now – even my youngest dogs are getting old and so am I.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357