Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good morning from NH

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
X-Hunter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Good morning from NH

Post by X-Hunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:29 am

Good morning, I'm new to the forum and a new Henry Rifle owner. I bought a Single shot mod and gave it to myself for Christmas. I have been hunting deer for close to 50 yrs now and can not remember the last time It was necessary to take a follow up shot at a deer. That statement says more about my patience than it does about my shooting skills. I love hunting with my muzzle loader and have learned that one well placed shot will always get the job done. It is my opinion that the Henry Single shot is the best of the single shot rifles available. I am setting it up now to shoot at the range in the spring. I plan to carry it next fall during the NH firearms season.
Last edited by X-Hunter on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Good morning from NH

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 am

X-Hunter wrote:Good morning, I'm new to the forum and a new Henry Rifle owner.
Welcome to the forum from CT. I look forward to reading about about your hunts with your new Henry AND with your muzzleloaders! Glad you joined us.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:46 am

welcome indeed, happy to have you join our forum .... what caliber Henry did you choose .. :?: .. looking forward to seeing your ongoing reports as you are able to spend time with your rifle .... feel free to read and post often, to begin your own threads as you did with this one or to jump into ongoing conversations .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add yours to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 487#p87487
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am

Hello .... welcome to the Forum from Runcorn, UK. :D
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:01 pm

X-Hunter wrote:Good morning, I'm new to the forum and a new Henry Rifle owner. I bought a Single shot mod and gave it to myself for Christmas. I have been hunting deer for close to 50 yrs now and can not remember the last time It was necessary to take a follow up shot at a deer. That statement says more about my patience than it does about my shooting skills. I love hunting with my muzzle loader and have learned that one well placed shot will always get the job done. It is my opinion that the Henry Single shot is the best of the single shot rifles available. I am setting it up now to shoot at the range in the spring. I plan to carry it next fall during the NH firearms season.
KCMO.jpg
Welcome from the Show-Me-State, X-Hunter.

You've said a lot about the Henry single-shot and hunting in your intro post. When I first became interested in firearms and hunting, I had both gun safety & hunting training. I learned (and always remember) that the first shot is the most important, especially to humanely harvest on your hunt. And patience during the hunt is a class in and of itself. ;)

Good reminders to us all....thanks!

PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~

Underdog
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Underdog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Welcome X-Hunter...!
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Welcome from Nebraska! Ditto on your Henry choice and the reasons behind it.

Enjoy your rifle and the forum.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

X-Hunter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by X-Hunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:24 pm

JEBar wrote:welcome indeed, happy to have you join our forum .... what caliber Henry did you choose .. :?: .. looking forward to seeing your ongoing reports as you are able to spend time with your rifle .... feel free to read and post often, to begin your own threads as you did with this one or to jump into ongoing conversations .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add yours to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 487#p87487
I chose the 308 win.. I already owned 2 Brownings and a Ruger Hawkeye in 308 and have taken many deer with the caliber.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:55 pm

X-Hunter wrote:I chose the 308 win.. I already owned 2 Brownings and a Ruger Hawkeye in 308 and have taken many deer with the caliber.

for my money, 308 is a top notch choice .... back in 1970 I bought a Belgium made Browning BLR 308 .... for 20 some years (the time period when I hunted the most) it was my only big game rifle .... with several other big game rifles in the vault, for most of 30 more years, it was the rifle I hunted with .... I've taken more black bear, boar, deer and elk with it than all of our other rifles combined .... do you load your own ammo .. :?: .. if so, I'd be interesting to hearing what you choose for your new Henry
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 pm

My post got bumped again! Anyway, WELCOME to the forum from KC! Glad you're here and look forward to hearing more from you about your 308 SS, your hunts and range visits!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357