Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New from the Old Dominion

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: New from the Old Dominion

Post by Cofisher » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Hey from Nebraska. Another 357 steel carbine lover here.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Curious about your location and/or story behind it? I assume 'Old Dominion' is today Virginia, yet you fly the Lebanon flag. How did that come about?
Old School Guns wrote:...
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Welcome from the Land of Sugar! May you always shoot straight and never run out of ammo!
1 x

Old School Guns
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Old School Guns » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Mags wrote:.
Curious about your location and/or story behind it? I assume 'Old Dominion' is today Virginia, yet you fly the Lebanon flag. How did that come about?
It's my family origin. Very proud of them, as they came here at the turn of the 20th Century and endured many hardships to become Virginians. And we cook a lot of Lebanese food still :D

We are real Lebanese diaspora community, one of a few in the US, mostly from before WW I and the 70s Civil War. Couple of my shooting buds also trace their family history back there.

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes. I'll get you a range report as soon as the right .357/.38 Big Boy Steel finds me. One great thing about Henry Rifles so far: I don't hear the moans and groans that I do on the S&W, Ruger, and even Kimber forums. I'm sure a few bad guns leave Henry's factories, but their CS seems top-notch. I plan to keep my rifle for the duration.
Last edited by Old School Guns on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
“I think the evil is in the food, in the noise, in the crowding, in the stress, in the water, in the air.”
― Edward Abbey

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Didn't know about the Lebanese diaspora. Thanks for the family history! I learned something today.

There are posts here about Henry rifle problems. For the most part though very little ongoing moaning/groaning. Someone will share what happened, then sending it off to Henry for repair/replacement and being happy at the end of the day. Fairly short and sweet tale.
Old School Guns wrote:
Mags wrote:.
It's my family origin. Very proud of them, as they came here at the turn of the 19th Century and endured many hardships to become Virginians. And we cook a lot of Lebanese food still :D

We are real Lebanese diaspora community, one of a few in the US, mostly from before WW I and the 70s Civil War. Couple of my shooting buds also trace their family history back there.

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes. I'll get you a range report as soon as the right .357/.38 Big Boy Steel finds me. One great thing about Henry Rifles so far: I don't hear the moans and groans that I do on the S&W, Ruger, and even Kimber forums. I'm sure a few bad guns leave Henry's factories, but their CS seems top-notch. I plan to keep my rifle for the duration.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 pm

A big welcome from a fellow Virginian! I have the .44 Mag Carbine and loving it! Hope you enjoy yours too!!
0 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:25 am

Welcome.......
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am

Hello .... welcome to the Forum from Runcorn, UK. :D
0 x