Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New from Alabama

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Davidlewis1010
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New from Alabama

Post by Davidlewis1010 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 am

Hi all! Thanks to BigAl52 for telling me about this forum. I’ve recently gained an interest in Henry Rifles and started acquiring them for myself slowly. The fit and finish are superb. I am from Huntsville, Alabama and am retired Army. I have an FFL and currently use it mainly for collecting, but do sell some too. My goal is to open a shop here in town that offers gunsmith services as well as sales. My wife is big into making soaps, lotions, and other wood crafts like signs and small plaques. We recently went to Gatlinburg, and on the way we decided that it would be interesting to not only open a gun shop, but also offer her line of soaps, lotions, and crafts too. The thought is that we would offer something for everyone, not just appeal to those who like firearms. I’m about halfway through my gunsmith certification, so I know just enough to be really bad at it. I look forward to interacting with other members and gaining as much knowledge about Henry as possible. Thanks. David
3 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: New from Alabama

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 am

Welcome to the forum from CT, David. Thanks for your service to the country, Sir. I'm glad you joined and look forward to your reports.
Davidlewis1010 wrote:Hi all! Thanks to BigAl52 for telling me about this forum. I’ve recently gained an interest in Henry Rifles and started acquiring them for myself slowly. The fit and finish are superb. I am from Huntsville, Alabama and am retired Army. I have an FFL and currently use it mainly for collecting, but do sell some too. My goal is to open a shop here in town that offers gunsmith services as well as sales. My wife is big into making soaps, lotions, and other wood crafts like signs and small plaques. We recently went to Gatlinburg, and on the way we decided that it would be interesting to not only open a gun shop, but also offer her line of soaps, lotions, and crafts too. The thought is that we would offer something for everyone, not just appeal to those who like firearms. I’m about halfway through my gunsmith certification, so I know just enough to be really bad at it. I look forward to interacting with other members and gaining as much knowledge about Henry as possible. Thanks. David
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 am

Welcome from the Show-Me-State, David. And thanks very much for your military service!
KCMO.jpg
It will be cool 8-) to have a certified gunsmith as a Henry member. Be sure to let us know when your training is done. I'm certain the Qs will be heading your way.....just to help you further learn and get established, of course! ;)
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 am

welcome indeed .... delighted to have you join us .... your future plans sound great .... do hope you will keep us up to date along the way .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your personal Henry rifles to our community's total .... also, do feel free to read and post often

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 445#p81445
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am

Welcome from Nebraska. It sounds like you will have a lot to share here. Good luck with your new venture.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Welcome David, sounds like you will be a great asset to the forum.
Mark
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Welcome from the TV Oregon!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Hey David glad you joined and I also thank you for youre service. Be careful around here though there hiding every where on here. Those enablers will cause a serious increase in Henry Rifles at youre house.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Welcome to the forum David.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Welcome to the Forum from KC and Thank You for your Service! BigAl is great people and very generous with his time and knowledge of rifles, reloading and smithing.
Glad you're here!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357