Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New member...Full Time RVer

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
TXiceman
Tenderfoot
United States of America

New member...Full Time RVer

Post by TXiceman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:57 pm

My wife and I are opposite of Snow Birds, we are Sun Birds. I grew up hunting and fishing in Texas. I shot competitively in high school... .22 cal small bore indoor at 50 ft. I always wanted a lever action rifle, but for some reason never got one.

Since we travel the USA in our RV now, I have off loaded all of my long guns to my grandson and son-in-law. My 13 year o;d grandson just earned his Eagle Scout rank and I wanted to get him something special for this accomplishment. I settled on the Henry Silver Boy and will get the engraved receiver cover engraved with his name, Eagle date and troop number.

His Dad is excited to see him get this rifle to add to his collection of shooters.

I hope to have him out shooting it in a couple of weeks.

Ken
7 x
Full time RVer
Amateur Radio Operator
Native Texan

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: New member...Full Time RVer

Post by Cofisher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Good introduction Iceman. Glad you are helping raise a great boy. Congrats on the Henry, it will no doubt be a favorite.

Welcome from Nebraska!
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 pm

welcome indeed, delighted to have you join our forum .... we spend something over 6 months a year traveling in our camper .... for the most part, spending the winters in Texas and the Summer in South Dakota .... we are slated to leave day after tomorrow and head south, must say we are looking forward to it ... we take several rifles with us and enjoy linking up with folks from this and a couple of other forums to shoot at various ranges .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your family's Henry rifle(s) to our community's total .... please feel free to read and post often .... looking forward to future info exchanges

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 909#p79909
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:38 pm

Welcome from a very wet Western North Carolina!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 am

You did good by your son. He will appreciate that from you very much. Welcome to the forum from the TV Oregon. Good company here. Hope to hear from you often.
TXiceman wrote:My wife and I are opposite of Snow Birds, we are Sun Birds. I grew up hunting and fishing in Texas. I shot competitively in high school... .22 cal small bore indoor at 50 ft. I always wanted a lever action rifle, but for some reason never got one.

Since we travel the USA in our RV now, I have off loaded all of my long guns to my grandson and son-in-law. My 13 year o;d grandson just earned his Eagle Scout rank and I wanted to get him something special for this accomplishment. I settled on the Henry Silver Boy and will get the engraved receiver cover engraved with his name, Eagle date and troop number.

His Dad is excited to see him get this rifle to add to his collection of shooters.

I hope to have him out shooting it in a couple of weeks.

Ken
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:18 am

Hello Ken .... welcome to the Forum from Runcorn, UK.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum from CT and thanks for sharing your Henry Eagle Scout story with us.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 am

Welcome from Wickiup Junction, Oregon!
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:55 am

Welcome from Colorado. Great gift for a son and Im sure he will remember that for a life time
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:11 am

Congrats to the Eagle Scout and congrats to you for such a fine commemorative gift, sure to be an heirloom. Welcome and please come back often!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357