Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shooterfrom Iowa says "howdy"

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Shooterfrom Iowa says "howdy"

Post by PT7 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Pete wrote:Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Us flyover people appreciate all the welcomes we can get.

PT7,

My steel Henry is in .38/.357.

Will post some pictures when I can figure how. Last picture I posted on a forum all I had to do was a click, copy, paste, arrangement. I have a photo bucket account but it's been so long since I used it that they've either changed it, or I haven't been able to figure out how it works. Is there a message on here that gives step-by-step instructions?

Pete
Pete....that's the caliber/model I had, which unfortunately I had to sell last year due to some budget needs. It is a great rifle, easy to handle, and very accurate.

BTW, Sir Henry made a good suggestion on checking out the Forum thread on iron sights. Even my elder eyes do pretty well with the Skinner peep sight I put on my .357 Bronze Big Boy.

Enjoy!
0 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun May 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Tie up your horse and head over to the chuckwagon, the whole crew wants to see your new lever gun!
I get some of my dry goods from River Junction in McGregor Iowa.
Last edited by RanchRoper on Sun May 08, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Pete
Tenderfoot

Post by Pete » Sun May 08, 2016 6:53 pm

PT7,

Sorry I got your handle wrong. Now you know why I need optics. :)

The iron sights are a little blurry but with the best load for my S&W mag. revolver I can get 3" for 10 shots at 50 yds with the Henry. Not TO bad but I'll need a lot better for what I have in mind. Cast Bullet Assoc.'s 100 yd. Lever Gun Postal Match. The closer I can get to an inch or under the better.

RanchRoper,

Hang in there. I'll get a picture up ASAP when I can figure out how to get one on here. Every Forum I'm on seems to have a different way of doing it. What we really need on here is a place to post test messages.

Pete
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun May 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Pete wrote:... What we really need on here is a place to post test messages.
Pete, use the Preview Button to see what it will look like IF it's submitted. Using the Preview Button does not post it, the Submit Button does. But, even then, you can delete any post you've made if you do it before anyone replies. ( http://henryrifleforums.com/faq.php#f2r1 ).
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Pete
Tenderfoot

Post by Pete » Sun May 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Deadwood Dutch,

Been using my tablet on this forum so might have to use my desk top computer as I don't see the quote marks you mention. Everything else shows up.

Retired Seabee,

Think I've. got the PB figured out. Did a test with one of my PB pictures in the reply box onn here and then did a preview and it worked using my tablet So.... Will take a picture of the Henry and run it thru PB. Like Dutch's way better but think I might have to use the desk top.

Don't expect a picture before tomorrow afternoon. Monday, Tues, Wed., Fri., and Sunday mornings are pretty well filled up. Wed. afternoons I go to the range, weather permitting.

CT,

Thanks for the heads up for the FAQ sheet. After looking it over I I finally noticed the pointer in the upper left corner.

Pete
1 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 pm

Just forget about what I said about the quote marks, I was thinking of something else. Just go by the second part of my post if you want to use the ''attachment" method.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Pete
Tenderfoot

Post by Pete » Mon May 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Dutch,

Did as you suggested and used the attachment setting. Worked great. Pictrue of the rifle is over on the Centerfire Forum under "where did you get your new rifle?". Posted it as a new thread because of some comments and question I'd like some comments on.

Pete
1 x