Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hello from Nantes, France...

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Hello from Nantes, France...

Post by clovishound » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:40 pm

In the state I live in, I just walk into a local gun store, pick the rifle I want, fill out the paperwork, pay, and take my new rifle home with me. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes. They do a quick background check to make sure I'm not a criminal or insane.

The process can vary from state to state.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I was lucky enough during my time in the Marine Corps to visit various countries around the world and did visit Toulon, France and we did a joint operation with the French Military. They enjoyed flying in our Aircraft. I still have the Beret I traded my Camo Cover for. (It's a thing that Military Members do on Joint Ops, I have one from the Dutch Marines as well as a few nice patches from various bases and units from around the globe.)

We spent a week in the joint French / American Operation.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the 357 Carbine, I think you would have enjoyed it. I have one that I shoot on my range here on the farm. I have a 50 yard range right out back and we are lucky that we can shoot right out back. The carbine is very accurate and fun to shoot. My wife shoots it as well.

Post pictures of the range at your club, we would enjoy seeing your facility.
:D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Welcome. You got the big one. I have not moved up to that one yet. I got a 30-30 and thinking about a .357. I may. But the older I get, the less likely it becomes. Anyway, happy shooting!

P.S.
I did visit some parts of France while transiting the Mediterranean Sea during the 80's. I thought is was a nice, quiet place.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 pm

From Kentucky,welcome to the forum!
1 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

BruniX
Cowhand
France

Post by BruniX » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:Welcome to the forum.

I was lucky enough during my time in the Marine Corps to visit various countries around the world and did visit Toulon, France and we did a joint operation with the French Military. They enjoyed flying in our Aircraft. I still have the Beret I traded my Camo Cover for. (It's a thing that Military Members do on Joint Ops, I have one from the Dutch Marines as well as a few nice patches from various bases and units from around the globe.)

We spent a week in the joint French / American Operation.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the 357 Carbine, I think you would have enjoyed it. I have one that I shoot on my range here on the farm. I have a 50 yard range right out back and we are lucky that we can shoot right out back. The carbine is very accurate and fun to shoot. My wife shoots it as well.

Post pictures of the range at your club, we would enjoy seeing your facility.
:D
I'll be proud to talk with a US Marine, it's a legendary unit, and I've been watching a lot about their exploits, including "band of brothers", D Day, iwojima, okinawa ... WW II .. . How brave !
(I am very interested and documented about the second world war, a lot of resistants and deportees in my family and that of my wife.)
0 x
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it"
W. Churchill

Shadow 2 SA - CZ
P08 - Luger
AR-15 - SDI
586 - S&W
97 - CZ
T3 Tac. - Tikka
1895 SBL - Marlin
1860 COLT - Pietta

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 am

We were posted at Nimes Garon for a week. Each team of French military had at least half the team that spoke english. Only a few of the US military on the joint operation spoke french, most very badly. Hah. The good thing is that everyone tried hard, and we were all able to overcome the language barriers with sign language and common military job skills and function as joint teams to complete all the missions.

It's funny that much of the world is multi-lingual.. and most Americans don't even speak our own language as well as we should.

My father in law's girlfriend was Bulgarian. Her daughter spoke seven languages fluently.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Welcome to the forum.
1 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.