Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Carver » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:01 pm

When ever I buy a new gun, I always like to find out on forums what other peoples thoughts likes and dislikes about a certain gun. It gives you a heads up on problems encountered etc. After purchasing my Henry Carbine I joined this forum and have enjoyed reading the comments and learning from a lot of good advice. Its a pleasure to be part of this forum.
Bill
3 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Carver wrote:When ever I buy a new gun, I always like to find out on forums what other peoples thoughts likes and dislikes about a certain gun. It gives you a heads up on problems encountered etc. After purchasing my Henry Carbine I joined this forum and have enjoyed reading the comments and learning from a lot of good advice. Its a pleasure to be part of this forum.
Bill
I did something similar. When I bought my Marlin in 2016, I did not look for a forum until I had a concern. After finding a Marlin forum, it seemed like Marlins made after 2009 were the worst guns in the world (I like mine though). So, I decided to check out a Henry forum before I purchased a Henry in 2017. Did not notice any bad reviews (I like my Henry too). The tone seems more friendlier and open-minded on this site compared to Marlin's. So, I seem to chat more here. And yes, I have been thinking about purchasing another rifle in 2018 (.357). But, time will tell.
Last edited by GFK on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:27 am

I knew of Henry from the Survival Rifle, which I thought was a neat, if not gimmicky little gun, but never went beyond that. Then I was looking at a new Marlin (‘09-‘14 were the dark times for them GFK, anything post 2014 is back to good quality) and found one with Skinner sights, which lead me to Andy’s site, which had me looking at all the different lever gun makers. I had no idea Henry made so many models. My interest in a .22 that wasn’t a semi brought me to Henry’s website and eventually here. I think Henry is a little microcosm of the gun world, and it seems like mostly more experienced folk (read: older) that are interested in quality products find their way here. On that note, I’d be curious to know what the average age of our membership is. I think at 50 (a very immature version according to my wife) I’m one of the younger ones?
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I think Henry is a little microcosm of the gun world...
Certainly this forum seems to be a microcosm currently. Henrys themselves seem to be catching on. HRA is pressed for keeping up with demand. I also read somewhere that there is a trend of people moving away from modern firearms to traditional ones. Or at least adding traditional to their collections.
and eventually here.... find their way here.
Sure but how? Stumbled across in a broader list of google search results? I don't know of any other referral urls from other websites. No mention of this forum on HRA's website or their Facebook page either.
curious to know what the average age of our membership is.
my guess from the age related posts on the forum, that the regular attenders run mostly mid 60's into the 80's. We do have a recent 20 yr old that joined. Probably the youngest member.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redthies wrote:I knew of Henry from the Survival Rifle, which I thought was a neat, if not gimmicky little gun, but never went beyond that. Then I was looking at a new Marlin (‘09-‘14 were the dark times for them GFK, anything post 2014 is back to good quality) and found one with Skinner sights, which lead me to Andy’s site, which had me looking at all the different lever gun makers. I had no idea Henry made so many models. My interest in a .22 that wasn’t a semi brought me to Henry’s website and eventually here. I think Henry is a little microcosm of the gun world, and it seems like mostly more experienced folk (read: older) that are interested in quality products find their way here. On that note, I’d be curious to know what the average age of our membership is. I think at 50 (a very immature version according to my wife) I’m one of the younger ones?
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I’d have to guess the direct link would be a google search for info on the SGC that I bought. It was all a blur to be honest. Feels like I’ve been here a longtime already.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:50 pm

I know that feeling. Thank you for trying to remember how you got here!
Redthies wrote:... Feels like I’ve been here a longtime already.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Redthies wrote:I think Henry is a little microcosm of the gun world, and it seems like mostly more experienced folk (read: older) that are interested in quality products find their way here. On that note, I’d be curious to know what the average age of our membership is. I think at 50 (a very immature version according to my wife) I’m one of the younger ones?
take a look at this old survey thread ===> Age Survey: How old are you? ===> http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1810 .... it took me a little while to find it .... I've made it a "sticky" in our Lounge area and will post in it to bump it back into the new post category .... hopefully members who haven't participated will do so
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Henry88 wrote:I quoted 303Lithgow (Sir H) back and forth a couple of times on a thread about Henry Scope mounts on RFC, which led to the old forum which led me to here.
Like the new avatar...
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:22 pm

I was doing some research on the Henry H001 before making my mind up on a purchase. I was led here and found what is one of The Best Forums ever.
I have to commend You all as what I found is a group of courteous friendly people. I have belonged to a lot of forums over the years and this one
is by far THE BEST. Most forums are full of a bunch of "know it alls" that don't know much. The members of this Forum seem to have a like minded way
of thinking that I have yet to see anywhere else.
4 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 am

I was a member of the old Henry forum and when it did not seem to be working, I found this one.
0 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW