Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:36 pm

I pulled a copy of BlackDog's observation as further indication Henry's are catching on.
Redthies wrote:... I think Henry is a little microcosm of the gun world...
Mags wrote:Certainly this forum seems to be a microcosm currently. Henrys themselves seem to be catching on. HRA is pressed for keeping up with demand. I also read somewhere that there is a trend of people moving away from modern firearms to traditional ones. Or at least adding traditional to their collections.
Blackdog wrote:... Went to the Oklahoma Regional Lever Gun Silhouette matches this weekend. Henry rifles are slowly taking over. Used to be Marlin and Winchester were the dominate rifles, but I see more and more Henry's now.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by mlrifleNY » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:40 pm

I was doing research on a 1860 Henry (new not original ) and there it was and after I bought my first I joined this great forum. Glad I did, there is just so much info here on lever guns and not just Henrys.

Jim
2 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 am

Over 2 years ago, a lifelong buddy of mine bought himself a BBS in .357 and was crowing about what a great rifle it was. At the time, I was pretty deep into Sigs, and had been an active member of SigTalk, so I was familiar with the handgun owner forum universe (was also in S&W and Ruger groups). I think I just did the ol' Google search for "Henry Owner Forums" and this popped up.
I joined in December, 2016, and just sort of lurked around, learning and researching, taking it all in. Had HRA send me a catalogue, cruised GunJoker, etc.
Didn't buy my first Henry until this summer, and this place has been fantastic for a new owner like me.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

TexasPatriot59
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by TexasPatriot59 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 am

A search on Google for “henry rifle forum” was all it took to find this place as I eagerly awaited delivery of my H004ML. Based on the popularity of these rifles, I knew there had to be a hive of like-minded enthusiasts somewhere on the interweb. After lurking a few hours to be sure this was a bonafide trustworthy and honorable group, I registered. Picked up the rifle from my FFL yesterday and am truly excited to be here with you all. :)
4 x
“How Many” #712
H004ML

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 am

You wisely "knew there had to be a hive of like-minded enthusiasts somewhere"! We're please as punch to have you join us and look forward to your tales of adventure with your new Golden Boy ML. Thanks for being #712!
TexasPatriot59 wrote:A search on Google for “henry rifle forum” was all it took to find this place as I eagerly awaited delivery of my H004ML. Based on the popularity of these rifles, I knew there had to be a hive of like-minded enthusiasts somewhere on the interweb. After lurking a few hours to be sure this was a bonafide trustworthy and honorable group, I registered. Picked up the rifle from my FFL yesterday and am truly excited to be here with you all. :)
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

TC Campbell
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by TC Campbell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:23 pm

I learned about this forum threw the internet i knew there had to be a Henry forum board out there and iam glad i found this one TC
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Happy you found us! Glad to have you and welcome again.
TC Campbell wrote:I learned about this forum threw the internet i knew there had to be a Henry forum board out there and iam glad i found this one TC
0 x

Hrfunk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hrfunk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:03 am

I bought my first Henry rifle about a year and a half ago. It was an AR-7 survival rifle. I had been aware of the AR-7's existence for decades, and I always wanted one, but I just never got around to it. Shortly after reading a write up on the AR-7 in the American Rifleman (which was when I learned Henry was now manufacturing the it), I ran across one at a local gun shop. It happend to be on sale, so I snapped it up. Since that time, the AR-7 has been a fun, handy, little carbine for my Jeep. Recently, I received my second Henry rifle as a gift. Given the fact that I now own two, and I'm learning more about the company, I thought I should look for a Henry forum. A quick Google search lead me here.

I should add that I have an active Youtube channel with over 250 videos. My channel is dedicated mostly to firearms and shooting related topics. I like to post links to my videos in forums related to the firearms featured in them. I then enjoy the conversation with other forum members regarding their thoughts on my video exploits. So you might just see a Henry rifle video or two showing up on here from time to time!

HRF
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 am

A lot of interesting responses. The one's that sort of surprise me the most are those where the new member actively searched for a Henry enthusiast forum. Maybe not a surprise to others, but it wasn't something I would have even considered doing on the internet. I use the internet for news, banking, bill paying, amazon, problem solving and similar. My story again I got here trying to find a solution to a problem. A few internet search results to this forum showed up and curiosity led me to read up on several of the other topics here too. Liked what I saw and joined. Whoa! :o Way out of character for me :o, Friends and family would be :shock: it they knew :lol: .
1 x

CurtZHP
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CurtZHP » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:17 am

I was already a member of a Ruger forum and a Hi-Point forum, so I figured there just HAD to be a Henry forum. Oh, look!
2 x
Aim small, miss small.