Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Welcome Once a Newcomer glad you joined us. Please also take a look at our how many thread and add that pump to our running total.

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 591#p91591
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ELC
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by ELC » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I fell in love with Henry rifles a few years ago through magazine ads (probably the only time I've consciously bought something because of advertising) and bought a 30-30. I like Henry's quality, service, and American manufacture.

I heard about the forum from another member and, since I'm always wanting to learn from others' experience I decided to join.
4 x

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Hello from N/E Ca.
0 x
muleskinner1

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm

ELC wrote:I fell in love with Henry rifles a few years ago through magazine ads (probably the only time I've consciously bought something because of advertising) and bought a 30-30. I like Henry's quality, service, and American manufacture.

I heard about the forum from another member and, since I'm always wanting to learn from others' experience I decided to join.

welcome officially .... good to see you on the open forum .... the links below are to the other threads I told your about

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 868#p93868

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... oll#p71117
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT and congratulations on your new Henry. Glad you joined us.
ELC wrote:I fell in love with Henry rifles a few years ago through magazine ads (probably the only time I've consciously bought something because of advertising) and bought a 30-30. I like Henry's quality, service, and American manufacture.

0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 pm

From another .30-30 owner, Welcome from the TV, Oregon!
TV Geo Map sm.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Bubbas4570
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Bubbas4570 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:55 am

I have owned quite a few levergun over the years, and had heard of the smoothness of the Henry Lever Action through differing forums. The first time I picked up Henry rifle length lever gun, in 357 at my local gun shop sealed the deal for me also. I was looking to replace a Marlin 1894 in 357 that I thought was going to be the be-all end-all, and it was far from it. The Henry outshone that Marlin completely, and was even better than my Pumas which I had been shooting for many years. I have no regrets as to which one I chose, as the Henry is the only one left in my stable in a 357 lever action. I still have my Marlin 1895ss in 45 70, and that one just holds too many fond memories to get rid of.

I have just recently picked up Henry Lever Action in 22 Mag, and am in deep admiration of it. I seriously look at picking up one or two of the long Rangers and a single shot, but this would require divesting myself of multiple AR-15s and an 308AR. As I built my AR-15, and have no questions on the reliability of my 308 AR, I just find it very hard to get rid of them. But the lever guns just feel "correct".

EDIT******

I caught a link to this forum from a site maker website. I'm drawing a blank right now as to the name, but I'm very happy to be over here. And seeing the variations of knowledge and ideas that are coming out of this site makes it worthwhile.
1 x
If you are gonna be stupid, you better be tough.

How many? #943 and 944 》H006M and H001M

Chemosabe23
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Chemosabe23 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 pm

I had been looking at buying a rifle, as a lefty my choices were limited. I wanted something in a .30 caliber, with iron sights and a 18-20" barrel. Pretty easy to find right? Get an AR-10. Well after 12 years of shooting, cleaning, and breaking ARs I was pretty much over the platform. Wanted either a lever or a bolt. Or a used Springfield Armory M1A (the price kind of broke me of that wish). Didn't like the safeties they put on the Marlins, didn't really trust the quality of the Mossberg levers, and everything else seemed godawfull expensive except Henry which always seemed to be just right, Goldilocks complex am I right? I was practically about to jump and buy a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308 win (the one with the 18"stainless steel barrel makes me drool) but I just kept feeling like it would never feel like MY rifle...ya know? Then I saw the Henry Long Ranger and the second great debate began. Finally I decided it would be much more fun to teach my daughter's how to shoot a rifle safely with a lever that everyone could use vs a wrong sided bolt action that they'd have to un-learn someday down the road. It feels like MY rifle. It shoulders beautifully, lines up dang near perfectly. The walnut is to die for gorgeous. I can't wait to shoot her.
3 x
US Navy Seabees
Construimus Batuimus "We build, We fight"
The difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a bit longer.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 11, 2019 12:14 am

Thank you for adding your story! Long Ranger is a good choice. Of course I have a bias for that choice, too. :lol:
Chemosabe23 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 pm
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Neat story and a 308 is a great choice. One of my favorite calibers.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55