Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am

Henry88 wrote:I quoted 303Lithgow (Sir H) back and forth a couple of times on a thread about Henry Scope mounts on RFC, which led to the old forum which led me to here.
I haven’t used 303lithgow in years.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

DRFROG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DRFROG » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:40 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
DRFROG wrote:I had been thinking of buying a Henry for quite sometime. I finally got the bug so bad I bought a Big Boy 44 Magnum. Got so enthused I started trying to find a forum. I joined this one and the Rimfire. I was wondering if the might be others?
Take care for now, Dr Frog.
Welcome to the forum from CT, Dr. Frog. Glad you joined us. Congrats on that new Henry!
Thank you so much. I am enjoying the forum so much.
1 x
The Damn Yankee Rifle You Can Load On Sunday And Shoot All Week

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you for being here and sharing how you found us!
DRFROG wrote:
CT_Shooter wrote:
DRFROG wrote:I had been thinking of buying a Henry for quite sometime. I finally got the bug so bad I bought a Big Boy 44 Magnum. Got so enthused I started trying to find a forum. I joined this one and the Rimfire. I was wondering if the might be others?
Take care for now, Dr Frog.
Welcome to the forum from CT, Dr. Frog. Glad you joined us. Congrats on that new Henry!
Thank you so much. I am enjoying the forum so much.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:56 pm

I think I googled it but I must say I dont remember for sure. None the less I think its the best forum on the net.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Expanding a little on my opening post. As I shared there, discovering my first Henry was accidental happenstance. I was with my son and a friend. They were working with a store clerk to out fit their MRs. Entertaining for a while, but got bored with it so was looking over the other rifles in the racks. Then you see there was this drop dead gorgeous shiny brass H009B that caught my eye and wouldn't let go. Got to touch it and play with it a bit and handed it back. WHAT! NOOOO, YOU SAY. No worries, I came back the next day and took it home. I was hooked on first sight. Tried to resist an impulsive buy ... could only hold out until the next day. Took it out back to try and scare up a nutria. None that day, but tromping around, that beaut was getting heavy.

So started the need to accessorize! First up a sling. H009B has no swivel studs and I wasn't going to drill holes in it to mount them. So I went shopping for a pocket or harness sling and swivel stud tube clamp. The web search lead me to Brass Stacker. While ordering their harness sling for the H009B I noticed the size of the swivel stud tube clamp diameter looked too small for the diameter of the mag tube on my H009B. So measured my tube and yup bigger that the clamp they were offering. I called them on it. They said the tube clamp fit the H009B they had. So that put me into another web search for why my tube was bigger. A couple things happened. I learned there are a gen1 and gen 2 H009B. Mines a gen2 and Brass Stacker's was a gen1. [Correction March 5, 2019: Mine is a gen1 not a gen2] Ok mystery solved. In solving that mystery the 2nd thing occurred, I found this forum. Now mind you I don't join blogs, forums and other membership stuff that are on the web. The members here, the content they share and the manner in which it is shared, gave me pause. What a great forum! Like what happened with my first Henry, so likewise with being a member of my first online forum! The sum of it, I got here looking for a solution to a problem. I wasn't looking for a forum to join.
Last edited by Mags on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:58 pm

New members tell us your story. Would love to hear it!
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Henry88 wrote:I quoted 303Lithgow (Sir H) back and forth a couple of times on a thread about Henry Scope mounts on RFC, which led to the old forum which led me to here.
SH, did you select the 303lithgow moniker based on an Australian Lithgow bolt-action rifle? What was the model and caliber of it? I bet you might have some interesting history to share....possibly another thread line?
0 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 am

Sometimes not looking results in the best find. And others have said the same about our HRF: "What a great forum!"
PT7
Mags wrote:.
Expanding a little on my opening post. --- The members here, the content they share and the manner in which it is shared, gave me pause. What a great forum! Like what happened with my first Henry, so likewise with being a member of my first online forum! The sum of it, I got here looking for a solution to a problem. I wasn't looking for a forum to join.
0 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 am

PT7 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:
SH, did you select the 303lithgow moniker based on an Australian Lithgow bolt-action rifle? What was the model and caliber of it? I bet you might have some interesting history to share....possibly another thread line?
Yes on the caliber and the Orange Arsenal in Lithgow, Australia.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Danwin22 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm

I did an Internet search for Henry Rifle Forum.
3 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP