Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by runnin n gunnin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I purchased my first Henry many years ago in the from of Henry AR7 survival rifle to keep in my jeep. Never paid much attention to the levers.
In 2010 just before my first (and only) grandson was born I purchased a Henry .22 youth lever to give him when he was around 9.

I still have the Remington model 35 made in 1947 that my grandfather started me shooting with as a young lad, used it to teach my son how to shoot as a young lad, and intended to do the same for my grandson. However, there was just something about the lever. I was going to bring him up to the lever after I started him shooting on the Remington.

I spent a career on carbines and 1911s, and got nostalgic last year and started shooting my wheel guns again. I would pull my grandsons lever out of the safe every six months and clean it, and this year it just struck me how smooth the bolt was and I started looking around for a .357 and .45 colt. I went into my favorite gun store, and there they were, the two golden tickets. It was a done deal and I walked out with two Big Boys.

Since February, I have started my son on wheel guns (he just bought matching Vaqueros) and when I showed him my Henry's and he put rounds down range, he was sold too. His wife called me the other day and just bought him a Big Boy .357 for Xmas.

I wanted to find a legitimate forum to talk about the levers, reloading, etc. so I did my due dillegence and found the Henry Rifle Forum. It is by fare the only legitimate forum I found, and the rest is history (well not that much history since I'm an FNG here)!

Oh, and by the way, my grandson never made it to the Remington, he saw dad and the old man on the levers, so I started him on his own youth .22 earlier this year !
4 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:03 pm

Thanks for sharing how you got to be here. Your son and grandson going to join us?
runnin n gunnin wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I purchased my first Henry many years ago in the from of Henry AR7 survival rifle to keep in my jeep. Never paid much attention to the levers.
In 2010 just before my first (and only) grandson was born I purchased a Henry .22 youth lever to give him when he was around 9.

I still have the Remington model 35 made in 1947 that my grandfather started me shooting with as a young lad, used it to teach my son how to shoot as a young lad, and intended to do the same for my grandson. However, there was just something about the lever. I was going to bring him up to the lever after I started him shooting on the Remington.

I spent a career on carbines and 1911s, and got nostalgic last year and started shooting my wheel guns again. I would pull my grandsons lever out of the safe every six months and clean it, and this year it just struck me how smooth the bolt was and I started looking around for a .357 and .45 colt. I went into my favorite gun store, and there they were, the two golden tickets. It was a done deal and I walked out with two Big Boys.

Since February, I have started my son on wheel guns (he just bought matching Vaqueros) and when I showed him my Henry's and he put rounds down range, he was sold too. His wife called me the other day and just bought him a Big Boy .357 for Xmas.

I wanted to find a legitimate forum to talk about the levers, reloading, etc. so I did my due dillegence and found the Henry Rifle Forum. It is by fare the only legitimate forum I found, and the rest is history (well not that much history since I'm an FNG here)!

Oh, and by the way, my grandson never made it to the Remington, he saw dad and the old man on the levers, so I started him on his own youth .22 earlier this year !
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by runnin n gunnin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am

Mags wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:03 pm
Thanks for sharing how you got to be here. Your son and grandson going to join us?
runnin n gunnin wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I just sent my son the link for the forum over the weekend, so he will be signing up. My grandson is only 9 and we keep him off the internet right now.
1 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Good idea and very appropriate for that age!
runnin n gunnin wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am
... My grandson is only 9 and we keep him off the internet right now.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 pm

No internet is a good idea. But when he's ready, sign him up. But no posting targets that make us look bad. :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

dursocj
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by dursocj » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:48 am

I purchased a new Evil Roy edition yesterday !
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 am

Congratulations on your new Henry and welcome to the forum from CT. You'll like it here. Friendly people with lots of knowledge. When you get a chance, please consider adding your new Evil Roy to the forum's running total of member's Henrys.

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p115058
dursocj wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:48 am
I purchased a new Evil Roy edition yesterday !
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 am

congrats on your new Henry and welcome to our forum .... delighted to have you join us .... looking forward to your coming post .... as CT notes above, do visit his link and add your Henry to our community's total
0 x

dursocj
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by dursocj » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, my wife purchased my Henry yesterday. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift my grandson's spotted a box in the basement and yelled looks it's a Henry !! Looks like I'll be buying more Henry's in the near future.
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Congratulations! And welcome to the forum.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry