Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Bubbas4570
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: What's Your Story, How did you learn of the Henry Rifle Forum's existence?

Post by Bubbas4570 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 am

Along Chemosabe's line of thought, i have sold my 308AR, and am waiting to buy a Long Ranger in 308 for a replacement. I enjoyed my 308AR, but have grown weary of carrying a 12+ pound rifle around to hunt with. And I almost forgot, the Henry is just way better looking to me....😎
0 x
If you are gonna be stupid, you better be tough.

How many? #943 and 944 》H006M and H001M

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun May 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Been a few posts in the past that imply there is a hard line in market share between Levers and MSRs. It is good to read about those who have both and/or switched out there MSR for a Lever.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Coote
Tenderfoot
New Zealand

Post by Coote » Sun May 26, 2019 10:28 pm

I just wondered if there was Henry Rifle Forum...so I Googled and found it. I became interested in Henry as a manufacturer after looking around for a decent single shot rifle with steel sights. I will write more about myself in the 'Introduction' section.
2 x

Pat
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Pat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:18 am

Hi everyone,
I've been shooting since i was knee high to a grasshopper and reloading for around 20yrs or so . I've always wanted a Henry, so about 6weeks ago i bought a H010B 45-70 a good all around rifle for up here in Alaska and i love . I've Always have had a thing for 45cal anything Ha!ha . I've shot cast bullets for a long time and this gun got me into casting bullets now lol
So a week ago i bought the wife a Big Boy 45colt for her birthday (she loves to shoot) , but after shooting a few rounds and cleaning it for the first time i found that the riflings was ripped out right at the crown . Looks like when they crown the barrel the tool got into the riflings . I was searching on line to see if people had a problem with this and discovered This Forum . I recently got fed up with Facebook and deleted my account , so i figured i would give this a go lol !!......... Oh yeah , rifle is currently on its way back to Henry .
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 am

Welcome to the forum from CT, Pat. Congratulations on your two new Henrys and rest assured, HRA will take care of that 45Colt for you. Glad you joined us.
Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:18 am
Hi everyone,
I've been shooting since i was knee high to a grasshopper and reloading for around 20yrs or so . I've always wanted a Henry, so about 6weeks ago i bought a H010B 45-70 a good all around rifle for up here in Alaska and i love . I've Always have had a thing for 45cal anything Ha!ha . I've shot cast bullets for a long time and this gun got me into casting bullets now lol
So a week ago i bought the wife a Big Boy 45colt for her birthday (she loves to shoot) , but after shooting a few rounds and cleaning it for the first time i found that the riflings was ripped out right at the crown . Looks like when they crown the barrel the tool got into the riflings . I was searching on line to see if people had a problem with this and discovered This Forum . I recently got fed up with Facebook and deleted my account , so i figured i would give this a go lol !!......... Oh yeah , rifle is currently on its way back to Henry .
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am

I always wanted a lever gun and had heard some negative things about Marlins in particular. Was pretty sure I wanted a Henry anyway, so I decided which would be best for my first. I chose my BBS 357 to pair up with the revolver and ammo I already had.
Was very proud when I got home with it, so, I got on line to do a simple search regarding Henry rifles and saw the link to the forum.
I thought " Wow, this is cool ", so I registered and the rest has been fun filled and educational history! 😁
It was a bit later I decided...maybe this forum would not mind having a ' Huckleberry '...JK :lol:
3 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Guys, thanks for sharing your story!
markiver54 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am
... Was very proud when I got home with it, so, I got on line to do a simple search regarding Henry rifles and saw the link to the forum.
I thought " Wow, this is cool ", so I registered ...maybe this forum would not mind having a ' Huckleberry '...JK :lol:
Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:18 am
... I was searching on line to see if people had a problem with this and discovered This Forum ....
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

SingleShot
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SingleShot » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm

What's My Story:
Once upon a time, there was an old guy (me) that re-discovered target shooting after a half-century hiatus. He (again, me) started with .22LR and a few Appleseed Clinics and recently bought himself a Henry Singleshot in .223, just to see if he liked centerfire. He does.

I am a grandfather; sort of retired living Western NY.

How did I learn of the forum(s)?
Well it seemed to me that anyone who owned a Henry model anything, would want to communicate with other like-minded, understanding, and insightful Henry owners. (BTW, what do we call ourselves? Henry-anos?) Anyway, back on topic, I searched the Henry web site for the word "forum" and Voilà.

Hope to connect with folks who can shed some insight, tips, techniques regarding adding an aperture sight to my wonderful new H015-223. Beautiful rifle, it looks like an heirloom that my grandson will inherit.
3 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT, and ... well, there are lots of old guys here. Glad you joined us.
SingleShot wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm
What's My Story:
Once upon a time, there was an old guy (me) that re-discovered target shooting after a half-century hiatus. He (again, me) started with .22LR and a few Appleseed Clinics and recently bought himself a Henry Singleshot in .223, just to see if he liked centerfire. He does.

I am a grandfather; sort of retired living Western NY.

How did I learn of the forum(s)?
Well it seemed to me that anyone who owned a Henry model anything, would want to communicate with other like-minded, understanding, and insightful Henry owners. (BTW, what do we call ourselves? Henry-anos?) Anyway, back on topic, I searched the Henry web site for the word "forum" and Voilà.

Hope to connect with folks who can shed some insight, tips, techniques regarding adding an aperture sight to my wonderful new H015-223. Beautiful rifle, it looks like an heirloom that my grandson will inherit.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

luangtom
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by luangtom » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Recently purchased a Henry Big Boy All-Weather in .357-Magnum. Searched online for a Henry forum and here I am. That is how I came to be here.
2 x