Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Howdy from Ozarkridgerunner

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Howdy from Ozarkridgerunner

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:58 am

Just signed up to join the forum last night. This is my first time to participate in any online site and I will admit to being pretty low tech. My main reason for joining is my fascination for Henry firearms and the great experiences I've had recently with the company itself. I appreciate fine firearms and good folks and appreciate the opportunity to communicate with others of like interests. I was born and raised in the great gun culture of the rural South , more specifically in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas. Since boyhood my Dad instilled in me my love for the outdoors , hunting, shooting , gun safety and appreciation for well made firearms. I bought my son a Henry Golden Boy this past Christmas. What a piece of workmanship and fun to shoot !! Last week I ordered the H010CC in .45-70. This will be my first Henry. Can hardly wait to get it !!
5 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Howdy from Ozarkridgerunner

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT and for posting such a great introduction! You'll enjoy the company here, and for sure you'll enjoy that Henry.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Thank you very much.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Greetings Ozarkridgerunner. Welcome from the TV Oregon. I think you'll love it here. Also please consider visiting the 'How Many' topic and add your Henry(s) to the running tally. http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=530
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Appreciate it Mags. Thanks for the info. I seen under your post name it says cowhand. Are you in the cattle business as I am ?
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 pm

My parents worked for a cattle rancher when I was a kid. But no I'm not in the cattle business. The 'cowhand', 'wrangler', 'tenderfoot', etc designations are assigned by the forum by how much one has contributed to the forum. You'll see under your name on the right 'tenderfoot'
Tenderfoot (0-50)
Wrangler (51-100)
Cowhand (101-500)
etc.
The designations are pretty tame. Would be fun to see new ones added like Rustler, Outlaw, Cattle Baron, etc :roll:
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Welcome! I too grew up in the Ozarks but on the Missouri side of the border. Glad to have you aboard.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Something to help you get acquainted and stay current. On the left under the HRF banner you'll see three horizontal bars next to "Quick Links". Click that and you'll see a menu that includes 'New Posts'. Clicking that you'll get a list of current posts since you last logged in. For me finding that menu option was a real time saver. I no longer trawl through the forum topic list looking for the latest happenings.

That said don't ignore the older posts, there is a lot of rich history filled with key learnings on all sorts of topics, not just Henry rifles.
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Welcome gunrunner! I am going to want to see that rifle. Lots of fans of the color case work here. Colorado/Nebraska boy here.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Welcome to the forum Ozark Ridgerunner. I as well have the color case Henry in 45-70. You will love that gun as I do love mine. Its fun to shoot. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55