New H001/New Member

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

New H001/New Member

Post by ChefDuane » Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Hello to all from Plano, TX!

Just bought a Henry H001 and will take delivery soon. Can't wait! I'm kinda' putting together a cowboy rig and it will be a great complement to my Heritage Rough Rider .22LR.

About me: I am 59 and as you can see by my handle I am a professional chef - got the degree and all that stuff! My wife of 24 years and I live here in Plano, Tx, about 20 miles north of Dallas. I am not new to guns and own a number of firearms (I will update my .sig shortly) and am licensed to carry (which I do everyday.) I am a veteran of the US Coast Guard - mostly drug enforcement and SAR duty. I will try to offer and insight into the things I know about and will certainly not hesitate to ask a questions even if it is a stupid one. I am very happy to be a Henry owner and look forward to many happy hours plinking away!

Chef Duane
4 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: New H001/New Member

Post by Ojaileveraction » Thu May 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome Chef,
I cook for a living also.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Thu May 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello Duane .... welcome to the Forum from Runcorn, UK! :D
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 pm

welcome indeed, delighted to have you join our forum .... looking forward to hearing from you in future post .... just curious, what types of foods do you specialize in .. :?: .. please feel free to read and post often .... in addition, be sure to take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 351#p62351
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Nebraska. Glad you have joined. Looking forward to your comments and questions.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT. The H001 is a great company to the HRR six gun. I own both. Like many others here, I enjoy cooking, too. I look forward to your contributions.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm

~Welcome~.jpg
Greetings from the Show-Me-State! :)

Glad you joined our Henry Forum. Your new rifle and revolver choices are great, and that H001 will be most enjoyable to shoot.

I'll also look forward to your sharing about the culinary arts. My brother is also a chef, and I've always enjoyed showing up at any meal he prepares. If you haven't already, check out our Hobbies sub-forum titled "Cooking." There have been some great meal times shared by lots of Henry Folk!
PT7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

~Пока~

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Thu May 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks All for the warm welcome! To answer the questions.. I am an entre' chef, I specialize in main courses. I can bake, do confections, etc, but I really don't like to. I currently am a teaching chef at a culinary school. Being 59, my days on the line are over. Also, I am a career changer. I went to culinary school in my mid 40's. Prior that I was a hi-tech type in Silicon Valley for many years, and then in Dallas. Originally started out in the defense industry in SoCal. Them moved to the commercial side (more $$) and went into marketing and program management.

I will check out the Culinary section and offer what I can. Sounds fun! Thanks again!
0 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Interesting mix of occupations, and some similarities to my chef-brother's career path. Got his degree from the Culinary Institute of NY. He just retired this month from teaching culinary arts at a suburban Chicago college. Prior to that he was also "on the line," and like you was glad to get out of that work. Was head chef at a number of top-notch Chicago restaurants and country clubs. Built a good rep, but liked the teaching better...especially the summer breaks! I was jealous that every other year he would take a group of his students to Vienna, Austria as part of their culinary training. They went partly to participate in ice carving competitions. Those must have been cool trips.

The first-ever eggs benedict I had he made for me at his home. A large family brunch. Still remember how great it tasted. I've never seen a home kitchen like the one he designed and built for himself. Incredible. 'Nuff said. Thanks for kicking in some "tasty" memories for me after you shared you're a chef.....been fun to remember.

Have a great weekend ahead.
PT7

ChefDuane wrote:Thanks. I will check out the Culinary section and offer what I can. Sounds fun! Thanks again!
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:07 am

Welcome aboard from Colorado. No stupid questions here. We like all questions and pictures to. Please take a minute to visit the How many thread and add the new Henry to our running total.

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55