Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hello from North central Pa

Please tell us about yourself and your interests
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Hello from North central Pa

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:16 pm

I got that error once recently. To get around it, I opened the picture on my computer and then did a 'save as' to create a copy of the picture. The copy uploaded fine. The 'save as' I'm guessing fixed some sort of dimension info missing or corrupted in the original picture.

The url part of the error message is meaningless. I was uploading a file from my computer when I got it.
dallased wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:53 pm
Canti lever mount attempt. Now I tried to pull the photo directly from my computer. Why would it want a uniform resource locator.

This is what I get. Don't know what that means. " It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

dallased
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by dallased » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am

New post or click Post reply, click on attachments, select photo from hard drive, and I immediately get the yellow triangle and error message about the URL being incorrect and or the dimensions being unidentified. I tried other photos on my computer and I keep getting the same message. Maybe I should try my other computer. Maybe you could private message me your email and I could email you the photo and you could try it. I have absolutely no trouble posting photos on other forums.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:46 am

PM Sent.
dallased wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am
New post or click Post reply, click on attachments, select photo from hard drive, and I immediately get the yellow triangle and error message about the URL being incorrect and or the dimensions being unidentified. I tried other photos on my computer and I keep getting the same message. Maybe I should try my other computer. Maybe you could private message me your email and I could email you the photo and you could try it. I have absolutely no trouble posting photos on other forums.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 pm

This photo was sent to me by email by Dallased. It was taken on March 22nd and is 500 x 374 at 72 dpi. I attempted to upload the file as it was delivered and saved to my hard drive, but exactly as it failed for him, it also failed for me. So, I saved it with a new filename and tried again. This time it succeeded. The only difference I could detect was that the original filename included a space prior to the .jpg extension. Whether this created the problem will need further investigation.

Thank you, Dallased, for working this out with us. I hope we can determine exactly what is happening.
henry two_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:34 pm

As a test, I uploaded a file with a filename ending in a space before the .jpg extension. It was uploaded without an error message. Exactly why Dallased's file would not upload remains a mystery.
black headed cardinal .jpg

CT_Shooter wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 pm
This photo was sent to me by email by Dallased. It was taken on March 22nd and is 500 x 374 at 72 dpi. I attempted to upload the file as it was delivered, but exactly as it failed for him, it also failed for me. So, I saved it with a new filename and tried again. This time it succeeded. The only difference I could detect was that the original filename included a space prior to the .jpg extension. Whether this created the problem will need further investigation.

Thank you, Dallased, for working this out with us. I hope we can determine exactly what is happening.

henry two_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:50 pm

dallased wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:00 pm
Only have one Henry, a Big Boy, in 44 mag.

first, welcome to our forum .... happy you have joined us .... our BBS 44 Mag has proven to be one heck of a rifle and has quickly become one of our favorites .... please be sure to follow the link below (originally provided by BigAl) and add it to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... start=1130
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:07 pm

I did a property compare of the two files I have. The file that uploads but with the url error has a color depth property of 32 bits. After the 'save-as' step, the copy has a 24 bit color depth. Have no clue why that would make a difference. I did a random check of other pictures on my PC and all the ones I checked were 24 bit. I'm on the hunt now for files that have 32 bit color depth to try uploading.
Bad and Good Upload.JPG
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 pm

Was not able to reproduce this with other 32 bit depth pictures from my PC. What I did find comes from the 'phpBB community'. The 'url' error message with photos has been a known issue for some time. Here is the patch fix one of our admins will need to apply to the forum s/w.

Fix for URL error in phpBB.JPG
0 x

1895Gunner
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 1895Gunner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Welcome from NW Georgia!
0 x
1895Gunner's Website
Hunter | Adventurer | Writer | Conservationist