Share something with us about your favorite Henry model

Sweet potato soup

Post recipes here. No comments allowed. They will be deleted. Likes allowed.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Sweet potato soup

Post by clovishound » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:02 am

I don't do exact measurements for this so here's the general gist.

For a small batch

1 very large or a couple medium cooked sweet potatoes. I usually microwave them, but you can steam them if desired.
Half a small onion.
About a cup and a half to two cups broth. I prefer beef, but veggie broth or chicken broth work well too.
Favorite curry powder to taste. I probably use about a half a teaspoon.
About a quarter cup milk. I don't measure, I just add and stir until it has a nice creamy look.
A small handful of fresh cilantro.

Cook your sweet potatoes. While they are cooking chop the 1/2 onion and seat them in a little olive oil. Heat the broth and add the cooked onions and sweet potatoes and curry powder. I add about a teaspoon and a half of brown sugar. You can leave this out if preferred, or bump it up to as much as a tablespoon for a really sweet soup.

Using a hand blender, blend the soup until it is smooth. If it is too thick, add some broth, or more milk in the next step. If it is way too thin, zap a small sweet potato and add it. Add enough milk to make it creamy to taste. Keep it on very low heat, stirring occasionally to keep milk from separating for a little while. I usually don't leave it long, maybe 5 minutes.

Just before serving put a small handful of fresh cilantro in and pulse the hand blender to coarsely chop the cilantro. Serve before the cilantro cooks down. If you don't like cilantro, omit this.
4 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Sweet potato soup

Post by Catherine » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:42 am

Thank you for posting this recipe.

Cate
0 x