Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

3-Piece Sunbeam --- circa 1939

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

3-Piece Sunbeam --- circa 1939

Post by PT7 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Howdy on a quiet Sunday afternoon. My daughter used to be an avid NASCAR fan, a little less so now. But she decided to relax and watch the 500 race today. I get too dizzy with that activity....it's called "ovalitis." ;)

So, what do I do while waiting for the ice outside to go away? My firearms are all clean, and all accessories for them are mounted, ready-to-go. Not up to reading anything this afternoon. So I decided to get out the camera and share a story from our comfortable Henry lounge chairs. Although this thread is not really "cooking" per se, there were probably 1000s of cups of java made with this coffee pot. And those were served at many breakfasts and family get-togethers in the last 60+ years.

Onward. Here I am again showing you something my daughter has displayed in the new home we're living in: my parents' Sunbeam Coffee Pot, Creamer, and Sugar bowl.
Sunbeam Trio_3098.JPG
Sunbeam Trio_3098.JPG (204.34 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
The pot is a model C30A "Coffeemaster," 1000-watt unit. The creamer and sugar bowl are also Sunbeam products with the Sunbeam name engraved on the bottom of each. Of course all are U.S.A.- Made," and carry patents from Chicago, IL and Toronto, Canada. Interesting to see the Canadian patents dated with these years: 1939 - 42 - 44.

So to display another special piece my daughter has to remember her Grandparents, she got the silver platter to complete the ensemble. I've seen this Sunbeam on my parents' kitchen counter all my life, and I still think it looks nearly brand new.

Only one more thing to do with it. I've been looking for the butler, who will make the coffee, and get some nice china coffee cups from the hutch to serve us at one of our Sunday dinners! :)

Trust this thread didn't create too many yawns. Enjoy the rest of your day.

PT7

Yup, those reflections in the coffee pot are me.
2 x

~Пока~