Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

frittata

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

frittata

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 pm

We had a frttata at one of my sister's when we were there for Thanksgiving .... we made one for supper last night .... they are easy and so adaptable to whatever you have on hand .... you will need an oven proof skillet, we use a cast iron or copper chef pan so the clean up is a breeze.

Preheat the oven to 350 .... Saute some onions and peppers in some butter until soft. Set aside. Cook and crumble 3-4 pieces of bacon. Scramble enough eggs for the number of folks you are serving; I use 6 for the two of us. Over low to medium heat, cook the eggs in butter with the veggies, bacon, mushrooms, and some shredded cheese until the eggs just start to set. Stir gently and put in the oven until set--15 minutes or so. You can add other vegetables and meats. We have used ham, mushrooms and a couple of kinds of cheese. We have it for supper as often as for breakfast. Our daughter makes one and uses it for her lunches at work for several days. She sometimes puts chopped spinach in hers.
Attachments
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (64.45 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: frittata

Post by markiver54 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:53 pm

You guys are sure making me hungry! :D Sounds great. Maybe I should spend more time in the kitchen...my wife would thank you!!! :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 am

I'll have to try that too, I do something similar but just scramble the eggs 'til done and then put the shredded cheese on top. Just got a couple of non-stick skillets that are oven safe. I eat a lot of eggs since they are carb free.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:05 am

basically, its a slightly different way to cook an omelet .... one that takes somewhat less personal attention
0 x

Flinch
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Flinch » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 am

I cook like I sing, so I appreciate a new recipe to try. It looks delicious.
0 x
Be thankful we are not getting all the government we are paying for. - Will Rogers

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:49 pm

my wife's latest frittata .... basically a version of a Western Omelette .... eggs, garlic, Vidalia onion, mushrooms, sweet peppers, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese .... this time cooked in a Copper Chef pan as per instructions posted above .... we often eat "breakfast" type food at any time of day.... this type of frittata has become a family favorite
Attachments
190206 001 frittaca 001.jpg
190206 001 frittaca 001.jpg (67.66 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
1 x