Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Smoked Baked Potatoes

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Smoked Baked Potatoes

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 pm

earlier today we gave this recipe for Smoked Baked Potatoes ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYg1wy4ehw a try in our new smoker .... simple to prepare and frankly, I was skeptical but I ended up pleasantly surprised .... used a wireless temp monitor to keep an eye on their process, target temp 205 degrees .... we have a pretty good size gathering scheduled for this weekend and now plan to bake the potatoes as shown in the video
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Smoked Baked Potatoes

Post by Mistered » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 pm

Yep - been smokin' potatoes for a long time myself. Tried many different preparations but my favorite is to lightly scrub the potatoes with some scotchbrite in the sink to get the remaining dirt off and smooth them out a bit. Then hand rub a thin layer of butter on the spud and then sprinkle some sea salt on them. Smoke until the skin gets brown and slightly crusty and when you can just squeeze and feel the spud collapse - take out and wrap in aluminum foil and return to the smoker (mostly for the heat) and let set for about 15 minutes - turn off the fire and remove spuds and only peel the foil when ready to serve. They should be very moist but firm evenly the way through with no burned areas.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Smoked Baked Potatoes

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:08 am

sounds good .... I've been somewhat surprised that there are a good many YouTube videos on smoking potatoes and even more on smoking corn .... I look forward to being able to give some of them a try
0 x