Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Copper Chef Cookware

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Copper Chef Cookware

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm

well, its official .... my wife has gotten rid of almost all of her other posts and pans and has switched to those made by Copper Chef .... she has a few small specialty aluminum/stainless pots and one cast iron pan in which she bakes cornbread .... her most recent acquisition is a Copper Chef Removable Electric Skillet ===> https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Chef-Remo ... buffet+pan .... she happened on it at the Conroe, TX Walmart .... they had it for just over half the price shown in the Amazon link .... her only complaint is it isn't induction ready like all of her other Copper Chef cookware .... over the years she has had several really good sets of cookware ....she says that she likes the Copper Chef pans more than any of the others
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Copper Chef Cookware

Post by daytime dave » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 am

I hope she makes lots of great meals for you both in them.

I had a set of real French copper pots and pans I collected over the years. After I moved to new house, I asked the girlfriend where they all were. She accidentally donated them. Someone is cooking well.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:23 am

she is fixing French Toast this morning .. :D .. she has had copper bottom pots and they did well .... the Copper Chef cookware appears to be a very different process
0 x

2guns
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 2guns » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 pm

I bought mine 3 skillets and a few pots and baking griddle last year. I have a hard time getting her to fix my cornbread in the iron skillet now. Lol. That's the only way it tastes right.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:15 pm

I was about to start a thread on Revere Ware. I have a solid collection of mostly post 68 1801's. Buy I do have a few pre 68 and even one pre 62.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ChefDuane » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 am

The "quality" of the pan notwithstanding, it's more about knowing the characteristics of the particular pan you are using, knowing your heat and how to control it, and knowing the cooking characteristics of your ingredients. I've seen chefs use $200 All Clads and burn everything, and I've seen chefs use $25 supermarket pans and turn out masterpieces.
1 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:23 pm

an ice storm on the way ..... a big pot of beef stew (SD sirloin) has been simmering in the Wonder Cooker for the something over the last 5 hours .... homemade biscuits in the oven .... the fragrance coming out of the kitchen is incredible .. 8-)
Attachments
181208 001 in Wonder Cooker 003.jpg
181208 001 in Wonder Cooker 003.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 4197 times
181208 001 in Wonder Cooker 001.jpg
181208 001 in Wonder Cooker 001.jpg (64.17 KiB) Viewed 4197 times
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Have to stop looking at your food posts. Looks really good and makes me ravenous.

Stay safe. Stay warm.
JEBar wrote:an ice storm on the way ..... a big pot of beef stew (SD sirloin) has been simmering in the Wonder Cooker for the something over the last 5 hours .... homemade biscuits in the oven .... the fragrance coming out of the kitchen is incredible .. 8-)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:21 pm

most of Maureen's copper pots and pans that were the inspiration for this almost 7 year thread are still in daily use and doing just fine .... over time a couple of the frying pans begin to lose their nonstick surface and thanks to YouTube University she found a way to season them so as to renew their cooking surface .... doing so worked to a degree and lasted for a while but never worked as well .... we decided to replace those two frying pans and as is our custom, the research began .... while there are plenty of sources for purchasing copper cookware, there are also nonstick pans made of other materials that weren't available years ago .... after a while she decided she wanted to try Granite Coating Cookware .... because of her experience using granite coated Crepe Pan she wanted to go with frying pans made by same company .... with a 4.7 out of 5 star rating based on 7,073 Amazon ratings, we chose an ESLITE LIFE Frying Pan Set ===> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09893BWYV?ps ... ct_details <=== she's been using them for about a week and she is very pleased ..... they require a bit more heat than the copper pans ..... that could be at least in part due to being heavier .... she finds it best to use a tiny bit of cooking oil our butter .... she says she has been pleasantlyf surprised to find that they are a bit easier to clean up than the copper
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:53 pm

Last year I bought a new 12" frying pan. The brand is "Tramontina". (made in Brazil). It has proven to be a great non-stick pan and no signs of wearing out after a year of daily use.
That copper cook wear sounds interesting.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry