Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Campbell’s Soup Recipes

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Campbell’s Soup Recipes

Post by ditto1958 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 am

Growing up, some of my favorite meals that I had were things that had a can or two of Campbell’s condensed soup in them. Next door to us in Minnesota, the stuff even has a nickname, “Lutheran binder.” Its used there in numerous “hot dishes” that are brought to church potlucks.

Herem is a quick and easy one:

Spaghetti and meatballs:

Homemade meatballs, made using 1.5 lbs. ground meat and your favorite meatball recipe
1 jar Ragu traditional spaghetti sauce (these used to be a quart, but no longer- I recommend adding water or an 8 oz can of tomato sauce to make a quart)
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 lb. cooked spaghetti

Brown meatballs in a 12 inch electric skillet. Remove and drain excess oil from skillet. Add Ragu sauce, water or tomato sauce and tomato soup to skillet. Heat and stir until liquid comes to a simmer stir in cooked spaghetti, add meatballs, turn heat to low, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.

Not authentic Italian,that’s for sure, but an easy and hearty meal.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Campbell’s Soup Recipes

Post by ditto1958 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 am

Another one:

Pork Chops and a Rice:

6-8 loin pork chops
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz. can mushrooms, drained
1 medium onion, chopped

Heat oven to 350 F. Season chops with salt and pepper and brown in oil in a skillet. Remove chops to an oven proof casserole and add onions to skillet. Sauté onions over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and both cans of soup to onions in skillet. Hit and stir until soup comes to a simmer. Pour soup mixture over chops, cover the casserole and cook in 350 degree oven for an hour. Serve with white rice.
0 x